Principal Frontend Engineer
Our mission is to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and to strengthen the lives, jobs, and relationships of millions of hardworking construction professionals worldwide.
We’re building beautiful, user-friendly communication software and transforming an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by tech. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From the new Warriors stadium to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together. We’re solving real problems for real people.
Engineering at BuildingConnected:
As software engineers at BuildingConnected, our job is simple: we create efficiency. Whether it’s indexing millions of American businesses for lightning-quick search, optimizing the transfer of terabytes of architectural drawings, or building clean new UIs to manage thousands of business opportunities, we pride ourselves in creating efficiency through code. If you like effecting change on a global scale and want to work with an awesome team that is building truly useful products for people in a hard-working industry, we should chat. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with massive upside! Learn more here.
We’re looking for an engineer to develop and guide our Frontend Platform team. This role will have a huge impact on the entire engineering team, helping to establish what the future of our frontend tech looks like, as we scale up our app and our team in the years to come. If you enjoy:
- Mentoring engineers
- Working closely with design to ensure UIs are beautiful, easy-to-use, and accessible
- Guiding technical discussions, to solve hard problems in the frontend space
…then this sounds like a great fit and we’d love to hear from you!
Our expectations of you:
- Develop strategic direction for the development of BC’s frontend infrastructure and best practices.
- Collaborate closely with the design department and your engineering team to build out our design system, working to make it easier and faster for teams to build beautiful, consistent, and maintainable UIs.
- Facilitate adoption of our design system and good frontend development practices throughout the engineering organization.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, empathy, and data-informed decision making on the team.
Our commitments to you:
- Amicable teammates
- Autonomy and ownership
- Room for growth and mobility
- Thoughtful and practical interview process
Our Tech Stack:
- Experience with any of the following technologies we use on a daily basis is preferred but not necessary:
- React / Redux
- MongoDB / ElasticSearch / Redis / Redshift
- Docker / Heroku / AWS
Benefits & Perks:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals on Monday, snacks galore and a plethora of drink options
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K match + Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Development: Annual learning allowance + unlimited LinkedIn Learnings
- Well-being: Annual wellness allowance + EAPP
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit to help you get to work
- Work/Life Balance: 9 paid holidays (+ company shutdown between Christmas and New Years!) and generous vacation policy
BuildingConnected is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired BuildingConnected. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.
Back to top