Our mission is to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and to strengthen the lives, jobs, and relationships of millions of hardworking construction professionals worldwide.
We’re creating beautiful, user-friendly communication software and transforming an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by tech. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From the new Warriors stadium to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together. We’re solving real problems for real people.
Founded in 2012, we’ve raised $53 million from top tier investors like Lightspeed Venture Partners, Brookfield, Crosslink Capital, and Brick & Mortar. We’re a fun, fast-growing team that’s passionate about building products people love.
Design at BuildingConnected
We are a small but growing team committed to crafting the best product our customers have ever used. We are enthusiastic about making “work” feel effortless. Our small size means each individual has the opportunity to own and make meaningful contributions to our product and our brand.
As the Design Director for Brand and Communications, you will work closely with the VP of Design to develop and guide our overall creative strategy. You will direct (and sometimes craft) creative, effective, and on-brand solutions while keeping overall business goals in mind. You are able to scope and sequence work efficiently, and are an expert at translating stakeholder feedback into polished solutions.
- Maintain a high level view of all active and upcoming projects throughout the team
- Mentor and coach designers both formally and informally, providing and gathering feedback that will help them level up their skills
- Establish and evolve best practices for maintaining and elevating design quality and consistency
- Collaborate closely with the VP of Design, VP of Marketing, and key business stakeholders to build and execute on our overall brand and communications vision, strategy, and design language
- Define and drive team hiring needs and goals
- Contribute to creative work when necessary
- Think ahead and strategize/prioritize work that is coming down the pipe. Strategically identify potential projects and get ahead of them
- Prioritize and sequence work in partnership with the Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams
- Present and advocate for creative work and solutions to stakeholders across the organization
Perks & More:
- Supportive, smart, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment
- Free lunch on Mondays (snacks and coffee always at hand!)
- 401k plan
- Full medical, dental, and vision (FSA option available!)
- Commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Paid parental leave
- Take-as-you-need PTO and sick leave
BuildingConnected is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.