Our mission is to connect every business in the $10 trillion construction industry and to strengthen the lives, jobs, and relationships of millions of hardworking construction professionals worldwide.
We’re creating beautiful, user-friendly communication software and transforming an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by tech. Over $100 billion in new construction is managed on our platform every month. From the new Warriors stadium to local schools and hospitals, our tools are helping cities grow and communities come together. We’re solving real problems for real people.
Founded in 2012, we’ve raised $53 million from top tier investors like Lightspeed Venture Partners, Brookfield, Crosslink Capital, and Brick & Mortar. We’re a fun, fast-growing team that’s passionate about building products people love.
Engineering at BuildingConnected:
As software engineers at BuildingConnected, our job is simple: we create efficiency. Whether it’s indexing millions of American businesses for lightning-quick search, optimizing the transfer of terabytes of architectural drawings, or building clean new UIs to manage thousands of business opportunities, we pride ourselves in creating efficiency through code. If you like effecting change on a global scale and want to work with an awesome team that is building truly useful products for people in a hard-working industry, we should chat. This is a great opportunity to join a growing startup with a massive upside! Learn more here
BuildingConnected is looking for an experienced data engineer to join the engineering team and build a strong data foundation. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with analytics and other stakeholders to understand their specific requirements and build data models that enable actionable insights. You will help build and maintain the company’s evolving data infrastructure (e.g., Alooma, AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda) and drive improvements throughout the ETL pipeline.
- Really, really great communicator
- Team player
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience working in data architecture and data modeling
- Expertise in SQL, especially within cloud-based data warehouses like AWS Redshift
- Strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines, and schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with consuming data from Salesforce, Hubspot, Zendesk and other third-party data sources
- Hands-on experience with Spark or other data processing engines
Perks & More:
- Supportive, smart, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment
- Free lunch on Mondays (snacks and coffee always at hand!)
- 401k plan
- Full medical, dental, and vision (FSA option available!)
- Commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Paid parental leave
- Take-as-you-need PTO and sick leave
BuildingConnected is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.