Sr. Electrical Engineer (PE)
Performs assignments designed to continue to develop complex professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Assignments require independent judgment and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Director. Assignments shall include variables and be complex.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the company to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Require the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of engineering. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work results from progressive experience and education.
- Assignments include complex engineering tasks and calculations with limited technical guidance on non-standard issues.
- Must coordinate with and help resolve conflicts with other disciplines based on an excellent understanding of the design process.
- Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and construction administration
- Assignmentsmay include managerial tasks of both project and personnel nature
- May be assigned projects of complex nature, requiring skills in engineering, economics, business operations, marketing, etc., which may be team or individual oriented, and may have a far reaching impact on the company.
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects
- Has working knowledge of computer aided design drafting to produce designs into routine final drawings, and performs limited CADD operations.
- Research discipline-related code issues and present interpretation
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, attend construction site meetings, review RFI’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, prepare status reports, per the contract documents.
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Assist and mentor subordinate Engineers, Designers and Draftspersons for designs into working drawings
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals
- Prepare design budgets, marketing proposals and cost estimates
- Develops engineering proposals and agreements in conjunction with the Director
- Assists the Director with the forecasting of workload and resources for assigned projects and/or department
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion and quality of assigned projects.
- Promote communication, cooperation and quality among staff
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner
- Should be active in professional trade organizations
Must be proficient in the use of:
Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
Education and /or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
Minimum of 10 to 15 years’ experience as an Engineer in Electrical Engineering
Must have passed exam and be licensed as a Professional Engineer
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
Must be a licensed professional engineer
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top