Senior Structural Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:The individual will utilize structural engineering knowledge, judgment and design software to create detailed designs, models and drawings for structures. The drawings will include plans, details, schedules, notes, isometrics, elevations, and sections used in preliminary, schematic, design development, construction and record document; including utilizing knowledge and experience in seismic calculations in support of the Boeing Facility in Everett, Washington.
- Performs assignments designed to continue to develop professional engineering knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Assignments require independent judgment with application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principals under the supervision of the Director of Structural Engineering.
- Assignments require the use of advanced techniques and modifications to theories, precepts and practices of engineering.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed systems for projects.
- Must coordinate with and help resolve conflicts with other disciplines based on understanding of the design process.
- Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and construction administration.
- Performs design and calculation tasks based on standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Applies standard practices, engineering fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering data received from engineers and architects.
- Researches discipline-related code issues and presents interpretations.
- Visits sites to make observations, measurements, images and records of conditions at existing facilities and/or buildings in various stages of construction.
- Reviews, monitors, reports progress, and performs other construction administration duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering calculations and design.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, STAAD, TEDDS and Adobe Acrobat.
- Instructs drafters, designers and engineers to convey the structural design in the -- construction documents.
- Performs checking and quality control procedures of one’s own work and the work prepared by drafters, designers and engineers.
- Assists in directing, instructing, leading, coordinating and mentoring drafters, designers and engineers (Levels I, II, III, IV and V).
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications.
- Assists in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals, presentations and cost estimates.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion and quality of assigned projects.
- May serve as a project manager or project engineer on assigned projects
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Promotes communications, cooperation and quality among discipline and team members.
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Policies & Procedures and CAD Standards.
The minimum level of education shall be a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
The minimum level of experience shall be a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Structural Engineer.
Individual shall possess an aptitude for graphics with a working knowledge of REVIT, AutoCAD, STAAD, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
Experience in seismic calculations required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
US Citizenship Required
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top