Senior Project Architect
The Senior Project Architect will assist with growing our Atlanta office through business development in our select markets such as education, commercial and others. Managing multiple projects from a project architecture role and performing, designing, and assisting with other tasks of architectural projects by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs assignments designed to continue to develop complex professional architectural work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related architectural tasks. Assignments require sound independent judgement and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Director. Assignments shall include variables and be complex. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on architectural problems and methods, and represents the company to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of architecture. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work results from progressive experience and education. Assignments usually include complex tasks and calculations with limited technical guidance on non-standard issues. Must coordinate with and help resolve conflicts with other disciplines based on an excellent understanding of the design process. Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and construction administration. Assignments may include managerial tasks of both project and personnel nature.
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects.
- Has working knowledge of computer aided design drafting to produce designs into routine final drawings, and performs limited CADD operations.
- Understands codes and standards and has ability to research code issues, present interpretation, and properly apply in the daily work.
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, attend construction site meetings, review RFI’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, prepare status reports, per the contract documents.
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted drafting and design software and equipment to prepare architectural and design documents. Must be proficient in the use of personal computers.
- Duties may include, or assisting in, supervising, coordinating and checking the work, as well as instructing, leading and mentoring other staff members.
- Perform checking of one’s own work and work prepared by drafters, designers, and other architects.
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications.
- Assist in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals and cost estimates.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects and business development.
- Promote communications, cooperation and quality among staff.
- Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
- Miscellaneous department product/system selection and sizing software
- Must have basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Energy Modeling Software.
- Knowledge of sustainable/green strategies
- Understanding of different design/build delivery methods
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals.
- Develops proposals and agreements for assigned projects.
- Prepares forecast of workload and resources for assigned projects and/or department.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion and quality of assigned projects.
- May serve as a project manager or project architect on assigned projects.
- Assist in marketing and presentations.
- Should be active in professional trade organizations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Ten years of experience as an architect.
- Must have passed the exam and be certified as a Professional Registered Architect in the state of Georgia.
- Technically competent to sign and seal construction documents.
- Must have experience in managing midsize projects.
- Experience and ability to assist with business development including pursuits, new clients, presentations.
- Experience in multiple industries including education and also a combination of aerospace, entertainment, hospitality, commercial or manufacturing
- Experience with projects within the city of Atlanta.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possess a Certificate of Licensed Registered Architect in the state of Georgia.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
Diana C.Project Manager
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top