BRPH is a full service Architectural/Engineering firm specializing in state of the art facility design is looking for a RCDD Designer for its Lynnwood, Washington office located just 16 miles north of Seattle and minutes from ferries, mountains and wineries. Lynnwood is the ideal gateway to everything the North Puget Sound has to offer. Float a river, hike a mountain trail or shop till you drop at Alderwood, the region’s destination shopping center. Lynnwood offers beautiful city parks, extensive public art, historic Heritage Park, hiking trails, an aquatic center, a municipal golf course and a myriad of diverse dining options.
The RCDD Designer must have recent experience in the design, integration and implementation of voice/data communications and electronic security cabling systems and related infrastructure for various types of site. Candidate must be proficient in creating a detailed design of new structured cabling systems or the integration and modification of a design into an existing environment.
Must be able to develop and manage drawing changes and coordinate the structured cabling design with other design disciplines. The designer will produce engineering estimates, print details, & bid specifications. Assignments require judgment and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Project Engineer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties
may be assigned.
- Prepares specifications, plans, and cost estimates for projects
- Has a working knowledge of computer aided design drafting (BIM-Revit) to produce designs into routine final drawings
- Research discipline-related code and standards issues and present interpretation.
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other
construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, attend construction
site meetings, review RFI’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, prepare status reports, per the
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted engineering and design
software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Must be
proficient in the use of personal computers.
- Assist in supervising, coordinating and checking the work, mentoring fellow
Designers and Drafters.
- Perform checking of one’s own work and work prepared by drafters, and engineering
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion and quality of assigned
- Must be able to review drawings and specifications developed by others and render
comment and recommendations as part of a formal consultant peer review process.
- Experienced with outside (OSP) infrastructure both in a campus environment and interface with service provider.
- The candidate must be proficient with IEEE, BICSI TDMM, all TIA Standards (568-D, 569-D, 606-C, 607-C, TSB 162-A, etc)
- It is recommended that the candidate is experienced with the most current government telecommunication standards including the following:
- UFC 3-580-01
- ICD/ICS 705
- CNSSAM TEMPEST/1-13
- CNNSI 7003
- Must be proficient in the use of: Microsoft Windows, Excel, One Note and Word
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the design of voice/data-communications and electronic security systems
- Must possess an active RCDD designation (Registered Communications Distribution
Since 1964 BRPH is a full service Architectural/Engineering design firm providing superior, world-class design services to unique clients around the world in the Aerospace, Entertainment and Hospitality, Manufacturing/Industrial, Educational and Commercial Market Sectors.
So, if you a looking to join an incredible group of talented and enthusiastic group of people then this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Back to top