BRPH, a full service Architectural/Engineering Firm specializing in state of the art Facility design, is looking for a Project Manager for our Huntsville, Alabama office. Huntsville, known as the “Rocket City” and home for defense and aerospace firms, is ranked by US News as the 7th best place to live out of 125 metro areas in the United States in 2018. Since the Saturn V took off, this former farming community has witnessed a major "high-tech growth spurt." This futuristic city combines the best of both worlds, the awe-inspiring vistas of the Cumberland Plateau and Appalachian Range wait just beyond the digital and aeronautical structures of the city. The city is situated along the easternmost edges of the Tennessee River, with most of Huntsville's perimeters falling to the slight south of Wheeler Lake. Over 40 Fortune 500 companies have offices in Huntsville, while global tech startups are becoming increasingly plentiful.
The Project Manager for BRPH performs the following duties: Ideal Candidate would be a Licensed Architect who has been a Project Manager on large Manufacturing or Aerospace facility Design projects.
- Responsible for successfully managing his/her assigned projects to meet the customer’s program, expectations and the Firm’s Mission and Vision
- Assignments require independent judgment and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Assignments shall include variables and be complex
- Makes decisions independently, and represents the company and the customer to resolve important questions and to plan, coordinate, and manage projects
- The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work results from progressive experience and education
- Understand the project scope, goals, and limitations; Understand and visualize the customer’s goals and expectations
- Communicate with the customer, the customer’s assignees, the design team, the construction administration team, the contractors, and all agencies, as necessary, which are involved in order to successfully complete a project
- Attend project team meetings and OAC (Owner Architect Contractor) meetings
- Manage internal cross discipline coordination
- Generate project reports utilizing Deltek Vision
- Manage minutes from meetings (internal & client)
- Update project schedules
- Conduct quality control activities throughout the project
- Provide technical information to team members and consultants
- Attend monthly PM reporting meetings
- Write and execute the project management plan for the project
- Develop and review the budget and schedule for the project
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Responsible for project specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals
- Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
- MS Project
- Understand Earned Value Management (EVM) reporting and invoicing
- Complete BRPH University PM training
- Complete PSMJ Training
Education and /or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, in Architecture or related field, from an accredited four-year college or university
- Must be a licensed architect or professional engineer
- Must have applicable work experience in an A/E/C environment
- Must have minimum of three (3) years related experience in areas as listed under essential duties and responsibilities.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess a Certificate of Professional Licensed Registered Architect
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
Diana C.Project Manager
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top