Process Piping Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
BRPH is a full service Architectural/Engineering Firm specializing in state of the art Facility design is looking for a Process Piping Engineer for our Melbourne Headquarter office. Our headquarters office is in the heart of the Space Coast where you can watch rockets launch as they take off into space and you are minutes away from the area beaches where every weekend can be a beach weekend. In addition, we are only located 1-hour way from the world’s best and most famous amusement parks like Disney World and Orlando Universal Studios Florida.
The Process Piping Engineer position requires the engineer to assist in the planning and designing of mechanical process systems for aerospace processing facilities, specifically Environmental Control Systems (ECS). Primary function of this role is to assist Senior ECS Engineers in complex mechanical projects from inception through project closeout. This will include understanding the project’s scope, fee and schedule and executing the design and construction phases of the projects in support of the headquarter office in Melbourne, Florida.
- Ability to model compressible flow networks with AFT Arrow
- Ability to create piping/tubing system assemblies with Creo or Pro Engineer
- Ability to layout flow diagrams and P&IDs
- Experience with ECS systems that require independent judgment and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Director and other senior engineers
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Must coordinate with and help resolve conflicts with other disciplines based on a thorough understanding of the design process
- Prepares reports, specifications, and drawings
- Researches discipline-related code issues and present interpretations
- Visits construction sites to review, monitor, and report progress
- Performs other construction administration duties such as shop drawing review, answering RFI’s, preparing supplemental instructions and proposal requests, writing status reports, etc.
- Assists in supervising, coordinating and checking the work, as well as instructing, leading and mentoring Mechanical Engineer Levels I, II, and III and Designers and Drafters
- Performs checking of one’s own work and work prepared by Mechanical Drafters, Designers and other Engineers
- Provides coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Promotes communication, cooperation and quality among staff
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Exhibits excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Creo/Pro Engineer
- Revit design software
- Experience with Environmental Control Systems a plus.
- Experience with fluid or gas handling systems
- Strong knowledge of principles of compressible and incompressible flow, thermodynamics, and materials
- Experience with ASME Codes (B31.3, BPVC, etc.)
- Experience with piping, tubing, fittings, valves, filters, and regulators
- AFT Fathom
- AFT Impulse
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an engineer in the mechanical or aerospace engineering field with some direct experience with ECS Systems.
- Must have passed the FE exam or possess the desire to take the exam.
- Passing the PE exam is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Back to top