The mechanical performs designs and other tasks of engineering projects by performing the following duties in our Dallas, Texas loffice location.
- Primary function of this Engineer Level is the complete ability to take small and medium size jobs from inception through project closeout. This will include understanding and/or developing the project’s scope, fee and schedule. Input into the three activities may be required. All work will be subject to peer reviews and Director’s reviews when applicable.
- Performs assignments designed to continue to develop professional engineering work knowledge and abilities. Assignments require independent judgement and application of a non-routine, complex nature, under the supervision of the Director. Assignments shall include more variables and be more complex. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the company in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. Must coordinate with and help resolve conflicts with other disciplines based on an excellent understanding of the design process. Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and for all aspects of construction administration.
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction and design schedules, cost estimates and level II plans (including mechanical manhour fee estimates).
- Has a working knowledge of computer aided design drafting programs such as AutoCADD and Revit. This position does not require extensive experience with these programs, but the candidate must be able to manage the productivity of junior engineers and designers assigned to him.
- Research discipline-related code issues and present interpretation.
- Visits construction sites to review, monitor, and report progress. Perform other construction administration duties such as shop drawing review, answering RFI’s, preparing supplemental instructions and proposal requests, writing status reports, etc.
- Miscellaneous mechanical system and product selection and sizing software
- Assist in supervising, coordinating and checking the work, as well as instructing, leading and mentoring Engineer Levels I, II, III, and IV, and Designers and Drafters.
- Perform checking of one’s own work and work prepared by drafters, engineering designers and other engineers.
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications.
- Assist in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals and cost estimates.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Promote communication, cooperation and quality among staff.
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
- Develops engineering proposals and agreements in conjunction with the Director.
- Assists the Director with the forecasting of workload and resources for assigned projects and/or department.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, timely completion and quality of assigned projects.
- Should be active in professional trade organizations.
Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Trane Trace Load 700
- Florida Energy Code – FLCOM
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university,
- Minimum of 6 years experience as an Engineer in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have passed the NCEES exam and be licensed as a Professional Engineer.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must be a licensed professional engineer.
Must be a US CItizen
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top