BRPH is a full service Architectural/Engineering Firm specializing in state of the art Facility design is looking for a Electrical Engineer at our Orlando, Florida office where we are located close to one of the world’s best and most famous amusement parks like Disney World and Orlando Universal Studios Florida with our headquarters office an 1- hour away in Melbourne at the heart of the Space Coast where you can watch rockets launch as they take off into space and you are minutes away from area beaches where every weekend can be a beach weekend.
The Junior Electrical Engineer performs assignments designed to continue to develop professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks to support our Orlando, Florida office location. Assignments will require limited independent judgement, with application of a routine, non-complex nature under the supervision of a professional Engineer. Assignments shall have clear and specified objectives with limited variables
- Performs design and calculation tasks based on standard engineering techniques and procedures. Applies standard practices, engineering fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Performs design of portions of projects under direction of Project Engineer, or other responsible staff members.
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects, under the direction of Project Engineer or other responsible staff members.
- Performs computer aided design drafting to produce designs into routine final drawings.
- Research discipline-related code issues and present interpretation.
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties per the contract documents.
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents. Must be proficient in the use of personal computers.
- Instructs drafts-persons and engineering designers to produce designs into working drawings.
- Perform checking of one’s own work and work prepared by drafters and engineering designers.
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Promote communications, cooperation and quality among staff.
- Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows, Project, Excel, and Word Auto-CAD
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3 years’ experience in the design of electrical systems for commercial facilities.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code required.
- Working knowledge of Revit electrical required.
- EIT highly desired.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
Diana C.Project Manager
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top