Manages and coordinates the organization’s activities from the Bid Phase through Final Completion of the Construction Phase for multiple projects. Functions as client’s single point of contact to initiate all required action during that period. Provides construction perspective to design team and supports business development group as required.
- Performs document reviews to improve constructibility.
- Participates in Value Engineering exercises with design and/or marketing teams. Applies construction knowledge to the design process and participates in marketing presentations as required.
- Prepares conceptual construction cost estimates during proposal and planning phases. Prepares detailed cost estimates from completed plans when available.
- Assumes management control at the inception of the construction phase and becomes the single point of contact for the client. Develops and maintains good customer relations which support future business possibilities.
- Administers the Owner/Contractor Agreement within the terms of the A/E contract and Represents the interests of the Owner, Designer (or Design- Builder) during the construction phase
- Performs construction inspections to ensure design compliance. Issues field reports and field directives as appropriate.
- Interprets Contract Documents, responds to Requests for Information, resolves technical construction problems and monitors construction progress vs. schedule.
- Initiates Change Orders and/or Construction Change Directives when required. Evaluates Change Orders for scope of work, cost and time. Recommends Change Orders to the Owner for acceptance.
- Has input to bid Addenda when appropriate, initiates Architects Supplemental Instructions, Project Memos and project related correspondence.
- Processes and reviews shop drawings and submittal data. Responds to Requests for Information and ensures that construction logs / reports are accurate and up to date.
- Reviews in-place quantities and progress to approve monthly contractor pay applications
- Fully understands the requirements of the A/E contract and takes appropriate action when additional services should be proposed.
- Has practical knowledge of legal issues related to construction contracts and advises the client regarding avoidance and/or mitigation of construction claims.
- Evaluates requests for extensions of time and other construction claims. Prepares draft claim responses based upon first hand knowledge, project documents, construction logs and diaries.
- Maintains internal budgets and strives to improve profitability.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in engineering or other construction related field is desirable.
- General or specialty contracting license preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the construction field.
- Five years of experience as an Architect’s representative preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top