Performs assignments designed to continue to develop professional architectural work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related architectural tasks. Assignments will require independent judgment and application of a routine, non-complex nature, under the supervision of Director or of a professional Architect. Assignments shall have clear and specified objectives with limited variables.
Independently performs most assignments with instruction as to the general results expected. Receive technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects. Devise new approaches and solutions to complex problems and situations to support our Atlanta, Georgia office.
- Responsible for the preparation of project specific construction specifications and construction administration Perform design and calculation tasks based on standard architectural techniques and procedures. Applies standard practices, architectural fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Has an excellent understanding and knowledge of construction techniques and constructibility
- Applies standard practices, architectural fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Performs design of routine more complex projects and portions of designs of non-routine more complex projects under direction of Director or a Project Architect, or other responsible staff member
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects, under the direction of Director or a Project Architect or other responsible staff member
- Has ability to understand, research and interpret codes
- Performs computer aided design drafting to produce designs into routine final drawings
- Research discipline-related code issues and present interpretation
- Perform Life Safety and Code Analysis and prepare Life safety Plans
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report progress and perform other construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, attend construction site meetings, review RFI’s, prepare ASI’s, PR’s, prepare status reports, per the contract documents
- Has a general understanding and knowledge of construction techniques and constructibility
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted drafting and design software/ equipment to prepare reports and design documents. Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality in BRPH Systems Manuals
- Instruct drafts-persons and architectural designers to produce designs into working drawings. May also instruct Subordinate Architects
- Instructs drafts-persons and architectural designers to produce designs into working drawings
- Perform checking of one’s own work and work prepared by Subordinate Architects and drafters/designers
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
Must be proficient in the use of:
Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, and Word
Miscellaneous department product/system selection and sizing software
Knowledge of the latest computer software for architectural renderings and building energy analysis
Basic knowledge of sustainable/green strategies
Education and /or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited four-year college or university, and minimum of four years’ experience in architecture
Having completed IDP and be ready to take the licensing exam.
Must be authorized to work in the US
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
Registration as a licensed architect may be required
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Meet Some of BRPH's Employees
As a project manager for BRPH’s aerospace program, Diana manages the teams operating behind the company’s government and commercial projects and ensures that projects run on schedule and on budget.
Back to top