Transaction Advisory Consultant
Transaction Advisory professionals provide insight into business valuations of purchase price, complex merger & acquisition transaction structuring, due diligence, financial modeling calculations, purchase accounting consulting, and forensic accounting. Assist business owners throughout all stages of mergers and acquisitions and provide turnaround services for troubled companies.
- Work closely with client executives, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity investors or other stakeholders to provide day-to-day analytical due diligence support on transactions
- Assess or support purchase price valuation.
- Interact with clients and participate in business development networking to generate new business.
- Write and/or review complex detailed reports correlating due diligence and financial analysis findings.
- Identify issues affecting purchase price, deal structure or deal termination.
- Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
- Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements.
- Conduct and supervise forensic accounting/fraud investigation engagements.
- Research industry standards and trends, target companies or other information affecting the acquisition.
- Manage transaction advisory services to assist clients with M&A activities and bankruptcy/turnaround events.
- Prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information.Develop complex financial modeling to support purchase price for Board or Bank approval or financing needs.
- Train and develop staff, both technically and professionally.
- Write complex business reports.
- Delegate work to staff according to their experience and capabilities and train/coach as appropriate.
Additional Duties included but not limited to: It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm's code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance; Master's Degree or other professional certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years + of recent audit experience in public accounting, or other relevant transaction advisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to distill complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with intermediate-level accounting issues (reporting systems, managerial accounting, tax returns) , economics, finance, and statistics
- Critical and logical thinking abilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- A self-starter
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple engagements concurrently
- Excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills
- Strong current knowledge in GAAP, GAAS, mergers and acquisitions, and transaction services
- Strong leadership abilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Overtime is required throughout the year; with the expectation of 2400 hours each calendar year (consisting of both billable and non-billable time). Heavy overtime work is required during periods throughout the year and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk—with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top