- St. Louis, MO
The Tax Senior, under direct supervision, prepares federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses. Additionally, they prepare tax filings to include sales, payroll, excise, gift, trusts and estates.
- Prepares income tax returns for various entities and individuals
- Assists Supervisors with tax planning and research
- Handles IRS and state taxing authorities' correspondence
- Gathers data from client, Audit practice, and third party sources
- Interacts with clients on tax return information, due dates, deadlines, and other compliance matters
- Calculates federal and state quarterly estimates and annual extensions
- Reconciles various tax accounts and prepares account roll-forward schedules
- Prepares work papers to support the completion of state and federal corporate income tax
- Communicates with Partners, Principals and Paraprofessionals to assess project statuses and problems encountered
- Helps train Staff Accountants in various areas such as software, technical issues, etc.
- Reviews less complex individual and business returns
- Manages workload by monitoring project/return deadlines
- Participates in professional development training
- Seeks out opportunities to provide clients with additional services
- Develops network of referral sources through active involvement in professional and civic organizations
- Provides creativity in evaluating tax service procedures and recommends improvements in those areas
- Manages multiple engagements simultaneously
- Exhibits a desire to understand more complex business transactions and related issues
- Maintains a current awareness and understanding of, as well as complies with the Firm's code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree in Accountancy
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in federal and corporate tax compliance work in public accounting
- Able to develop a knowledge of requisite software and internal work flow/procedures
- Familiar with the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct
- Proficient in MS Office programs, tax-preparation & write-up programs, and online tax research
- Flexible to handle complex assignments, as well as routine tax work (both of which require hands on tax experience)
- Able to research routine and complex tax issues
- Able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop and maintain strong client relationships
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work is required from February 1 through April 15 and August 15 through October 15 ("spring busy season" and "fall busy season", respectively) and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Back to top