Brown Smith Wallace, a forward-thinking, growing and progressive CPA and consulting firm is seeking talented Tax Professionals to join our Family! This position has the flexibility to be based in either our Creve Coeur or our St. Charles office!
- Assist partners and principals with tax services including planning, research, and compliance
- Prepare income tax returns for various entity forms and high-net-worth individuals
- Interact with client personnel on tax return information, due dates, deadlines, and other compliance matters and keep staff accountants and paraprofessionals informed and vice versa
- Manage own workload by monitoring project/return deadlines, frequent daily contact with partners, principals and paraprofessionals in assessing project status and problems encountered
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual management using only financial statements
- Preparation of payroll tax return, sales, and, use tax returns
- Participate in training
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Develop network of referral source through active involvement in professional and civic organizations
- Provide creativity in evaluating tax service procedures and recommend improvements in those areas
- Perform other job related duties as required
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- Senior level tax professionals are expected to have a working knowledge of requisite software and internal work flow/procedures.
- Tax professionals should be proficient with the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct. It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm's code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates should have a BS/BA degree
- Staff - 1 to 2 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- Senior- 3 to 5 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Flexible enough to handle complex assignments as well as routine tax work, both of which require hands on advanced tax experience
- Must be able to research routine and complex tax issues
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Proficient in MS Office programs, tax-preparation & write-up programs, and online tax research
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top