Staff/Senior, Advisory Fin-Op
STAFF/SENIOR, ADVISORY FIN-OP
The Advisory Services practice provides services, on an outsourcing and co-sourcing basis, that help clients manage business risk, improve processes and internal controls, perform fraud investigations, provide consulting advice, and comply with the provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley. The staff and senior auditors demonstrate a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills. Ability to function well as part of team is a necessity. Taking ownership of work assigned is required for the team to function properly. Occasionally, projects may overlap, so time management and communication skills are required. Professionalism is required as staff and senior auditors will interface with the client directly. Senior auditors may be responsible for training staff auditors, planning engagements, and reviewing staff auditor work.
- Responsible for conducting internal audit test procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing, SSAE16 test procedures, process evaluations, and other services provided by the Advisory Services practice.
- Possess an understanding of business operations, internal controls, information systems, and accounting.
- Possess good critical thinking, analytical, communication, and client service skills.
- Professionalism is required at all times including confidentiality, accountability, client communication, team coordination, office behavior, and performance of quality work within deadlines.
- Follow engagement methodologies; follow the Quality Assurance system; complete projects as assigned and maintain a certain level of utilization.
- Participate in networking events within the Internal Audit industry and related groups.
- Actively pursue continuing education to advance skills.
- It is anticipated that professionals will work an average of 40 to 50 hours on a weekly basis.
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- May be given in-charge responsibilities of planning and scheduling engagements.
- May supervise other staff auditors.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- Staff - 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Senior - 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS - MA/MS degree from an accredited college/university in Accountancy, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related service line field
- Professional designations preferred: CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE. Certifications are not expected to be completed upon hiring; may be in process.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills. Foreign language a plus.
- Strong background in software used in the service line, data analyst software (e.g. ACL) as well Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access
- Travel 25-40% (domestic and international)
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk—with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top