Sr. Marketing Specialist
The Brown Smith Wallace Marketing department seeks a senior marketing specialist with at least 3-5 years of experience that will help execute the firm's aggressive marketing and business development strategy.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong writing skills
- Have strong organizational skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Have the ability to manage competing priorities
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
The senior marketing specialist will primarily assist in developing and implementing integrated marketing and business development plans for the firm's services and industry groups. Typical tasks include: developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; deploying emails using a marketing automation platform; updating the website; drafting copy for a variety of marketing communications materials; drafting social media copy; tracking marketing data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and trade shows; planning for seminars/webinars; maintaining databases; preparing reports.
- Copywriting for a variety of projects and programs, e.g., articles, blog posts, emails, social media, speeches, presentations and proposals.
- Assists in developing marketing plans for services and industry groups.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns, plans and organizes promotional presentations; update event/project calendars for firm initiatives, practices and industry groups
- Proposal formatting/preparation, editing and coordination
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with internal marketing team and vendors; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Plans firm sponsored seminars/webinars/events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Basic graphic design
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- Basic graphic design , e.g., InDesign, Canva
- Video editing
- Candidates should have a BS/BA degree (or equivalent work experience) and a minimum of three years relevant working experience.
- Senior: 3 - 5 years of experience in professional services organization
- Flexible enough to handle complex assignments as well as routine administrative tasks
- Must be able to collect and analyze routine or complex marketing research
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and vendor relationships
- Diligent initiative and follow up; ability to handle fast pace deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office programs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top