Senior Financial/Operational Auditor
Brown Smith Wallace is a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region's most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 300. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services. We serve a wide variety of industries with particular expertise in broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, construction, financial institutions, health care, insurance companies, manufacturing, not-for-profit organizations, public sector, real estate, retail and startups.
The Senior will support the planning, scoping and execution of internal audits and consulting services provided to clients. They work under the Supervisor and direction of a Manager, and are responsible for planning and executing assigned tasks in accordance with a work program. Additionally, they may be responsible for training Staff, planning engagements, and reviewing Staff's work.
- Plan, perform and supervise audit procedures, investigate and perform research in order to understand and evaluate risks
- Utilize strong knowledge of standard audit and consulting concepts, practices, and procedures to assess complex business operations and financial processes
- Interact with client management to gather and analyze information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Understand business operations, internal controls, information systems, and accounting
- Follow engagement methodologies to include:
- Following the Quality Assurance system
- Completing projects as assigned
- Maintaining an expected level of utilization
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- May be given supervisory responsibilities of planning, scheduling, and directing engagements
- May supervise other Seniors and Staff
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree from an accredited college/university in Accountancy, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related service line field
- 2 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience supervising and developing less experienced personnel preferred
- Professional designations preferred: CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE
- Strong background in software used in the service line, including data analysis software and Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Chad runs audit engagements from start to finish, working with many different clients in multiple industries to provide excellent service customized to each customer's needs.
Back to top