Senior Consultant- Data Analytics
- St. Louis, MO
The Senior Consultant is responsible for training Associates and Consultant to include planning audit/analysis engagements and reviewing work. Senior Consultants must have strong skills in ACL data analysis software and demonstrate the ability to assess both data inputs and output for accuracy and reasonableness, connect data points to draw conclusions, and relate data testing to the control environment and business process.
- Work with clients and superiors to determine analysis objectives, plan, and data requirements based on client needs
- Delegate, mentor, and train Associates and Consultants to achieve project and development objectives
- Perform data analysis procedures on client data to accomplish specific objectives
- Develop and/or modify ACL scripts for continuous audit/monitoring applications
- Conduct internal audit test procedures and process evaluations
- Present, discuss, and validate issues identified during the project with team and client management
- Develop proactive recommendations to address/correct/prevent issues
- Draft reports and coordinate with clients through final report issuance
- Complete project workpapers to include:
- Ensuring all procedures are documented and completed
- Workpapers are reviewed
- Results are appropriately documented
- Review notes have been sufficiently cleared
- Issues are in report documentation
- Complete internal audit plans for data intensive audits
- Perform data analysis, internal audit, and process evaluation/improvement procedures
- Prepare project completion reports and budget to actual analysis to prepare information for client billing
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- Participate in networking events within the Internal Audit industry and related groups
- Actively pursue continuing education to advance skills
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree from an accredited college/university in Accountancy, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- 5-7 years' of relevant experience
- Professional designation(s): ACDA (ACL Certified Data Analyst), CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE
- Strong background in software used in the service line, ACL data analyst software, as well Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access
- Able to work with changing client-imposed deadlines
- Able to work on multiple engagements concurrently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Foreign language a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top