Senior, Advisory - IT Audit
Brown Smith Wallace is a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region's most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 300. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services. We serve a wide variety of industries with particular expertise in broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, construction, financial institutions, health care, insurance companies, manufacturing, not-for-profit organizations, public sector, real estate, retail and startups.
The Staff or Senior Audit position is responsible for auditing information systems, platforms, IT infrastructure and operating procedures in accordance with established professional standards. They evaluate IT operations in terms of risk to the organization reviewed and assist management in the establishment of the appropriate internal controls. Additionally, they determine and recommend improvements in current risk management controls and implementation of system changes or upgrades.
- Utilize basic knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures to assess information systems
- Apply information systems control concepts in a variety of technology settings
- Evaluate the operating effectiveness of basic IT control processes in a variety of environments
- Assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices
- Communicate audit results, both verbally and in writing, to the recipient
- Identify opportunities for improvements for clients
Additional Duties of a Senior included but not limited to:
- May be given in-charge responsibilities of planning and scheduling engagements
- May supervise other staff auditors
- Such other duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Seniors: 3 - 6 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree with Accounting, IT or business emphasis
- Have or are pursuing professional designations: CIA, CISA, CPA
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top