Revenue Assurance Analyst
This position's primary responsibilities will be to oversee and assist in the day-to-day billing and collections operations, become the firm expert in the time and billing system assisting with difficult billing transactions, meeting reporting needs, and training billers. This position will be hands-on and very active in the key day-to-day billing and collection processes for the firm.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of time and billing system.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of procedures and automated processes to enhance the workflow of the billing process.
- Develop reports using various database tools, access, sequel server, crystal reports...
- Download and manipulate reports in excel to assist in analysis of firm results
- Provide instruction and assist in the handling of billing transactions
- Meet with partners and billers to review open WIP and assist in the creation of invoices
- Assist Controller with collection on past due accounts
- Train billers on the process and procedures for producing a client bill
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- 3-5 Years working in a CPA firm preferred
- Strong computer skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and time and billing software packages.
- Strong background in database software; working knowledge of crystal reports and general sql server environment
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, and spelling and proof reading skills.
- Ability to follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently while working independently
- Must demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top