Retirement Plans Specialist
The Retirement Plans Specialist provides annual plan administration services and technical compliance support to employers who sponsor qualified retirement plans, within performance standards and service objectives. Including in-depth understanding of the complexities of all facets of administering qualified retirement plans. This position(s) are available in Missouri - St. Louis Metro, Kansas City Metro and Remotely .
- Manage caseload (1 - 100+ plans) of 403b, Profit Sharing and/or 401(k) plans including: interpreting/preparing plan documents, preparing reconciliation of plan investments to the plan valuation report, calculating contributions for corporate and self-employed business entities, maintaining on-going client relationships via face to face and telephone contact, preparing and analyzing compliance testing results, prepare and analyze government filing requirements, interacting with external clients/advisors/vendors and BSW family
- Willingness to travel to all BPP locations to administer plans or deliver reports to clients
- Assist with the installation of new client's retirement plans as needed
- Assist with projects on as needed basis and participate in Rapid Improvement Projects
- Ability to cross function in the organization
- Continue education through seminars and industry certifications, etc.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- 5+ years' experience in annual administration of qualified DC/401(k) plans including thorough understanding and ability to interpret complex plan documents and code provisions
- Hands-on non-discrimination compliance testing and government form preparation and filing experience
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and investment principles
- Ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, meet deadlines, handle large volume of diverse work
- High level of PC skills; working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing applications, vendor systems and record keeping systems
- Leadership, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communications, organizational and prioritization skills
Preferred Systems / Education :
- Working knowledge of DATAIR (Record Keeping System)
- Working knowledge of FT Williams
- Plan Design Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Financial discipline
- Industry certification(s) - NIPA, ASPPA etc.
- Experience in Employee Communications
BPP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. BPP is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Chad runs audit engagements from start to finish, working with many different clients in multiple industries to provide excellent service customized to each customer's needs.
Back to top