Retirement Plan Specialist
- St. Louis, MO
Provide annual plan administration services and technical compliance support to employers who sponsor qualified retirement plans, within performance standards and service objectives. Including in-depth understanding of the complexities of all facets of administering qualified retirement plans.
- 5+ years experience in annual administration of qualified DC/401(k) plans including thorough understanding and ability to interpret complex plan documents and code provisions.
- Hands-on non-discrimination compliance testing and government form preparation and filing experience
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and investment principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communications, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, meet deadlines, handle large volume of diverse work
- High level of PC skills; working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing applications, vendor systems and record keeping systems.
- Willingness to learn
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to cross function in the organization
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Active in professional organizations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Manage caseload (1 - 80+ plans) of 403b, Profit Sharing and/or 401(k) plans including: interpreting/preparing plan documents, preparing reconciliation of plan investments to the plan valuation report, calculating contributions for corporate and self-employed business entities, maintaining on-going client relationships via face to face and telephone contact, preparing and analyzing compliance testing results, prepare and analyze government filing requirements, interacting with external clients/advisors/vendors and BSW family.
- Willingness to travel to all BPP locations to administer plans or deliver reports to clients
- Assist with the installation of new client's retirement plans as needed
- Assist with projects on as needed basis and participate in Rapid Improvement Projects.
- Cross-selling and marketing services
- Continue education through seminars and industry certifications, etc.
- Working knowledge of Datair Record-Keeping System
- Working knowledge of FT Williams
- Plan Design Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Financial discipline
- Industry certification
- Experience in Employee Communications
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Product development expertise
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work is required from February 1 through April 15 ("busy season") and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Benefit Plans Plus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Benefit Plans Plus is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Mark B.Staff Accountant, Entrepreneurial Services Group
Mark’s responsibilities include assisting with accounts payable, preparing financial statements, and completing tax returns.
Back to top