Relationship Manager, Benefit Plan Plus
- St. Louis, MO
Provide annual plan administration services and technical compliance support to employers who sponsor qualified retirement plans, within performance standards and service objectives. Including in-depth understanding of the complexities of all facets of administering qualified retirement plans.
- 5-10+ years experience in annual administration of qualified DC/401(k) plans including thorough understanding and ability to interpret complex plan documents and code provisions.
- Hands-on non-discrimination compliance testing and government form preparation and filing experience
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Able to research, problem solve and use critical thinking skills
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and investment principles
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, meet deadlines, handle large volume of diverse work
- High level of PC skills; working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing applications, vendor systems and record keeping systems.
- Willingness to learn and coachable; team player
- High motivation, energy and discipline
- Client Service Oriented
- Project and Time Management skills
- Ability to cross function in the organization
- In-charge & Soft skills training
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Manage caseload (1 - 80+ plans) of 403b, Profit Sharing, Cafeteria & Welfare and/or 401(k) plans. Responsibilities include: interpreting/preparing plan documents, reconciliation of plan investments, calculating contributions for corporate and self-employed business entities, maintaining on-going client relationships via face-to-face and telephone contact, preparing and analyzing compliance testing results, preparing and analyzing required government filings, interacting with external clients/advisors/vendors and internal customers
- Manage and administer EB Audit Level clients (plans >100 employees)
- Establish and build effective and productive relationships with clients and key advisors
- Provide "lead person" type support to RPS' (Retirement Plan Specialists)
- Willingness to travel to all BPP locations to administer plans or deliver reports to clients
- Assist in the installation of new business as needed
- Participate in Rapid Improvement Projects
- Identify and take action on cross-selling opportunities
- Lead and/or assist in the delivery of client consulting engagements
- Manage time budget at a high level
- Play an integral part in project and risk management as well as day-to-day operational efficiencies
- Continue education through seminars and industry certifications, etc.
- Human Resource Knowledge
- Accounting and Financial Knowledge
- Teaching Experience or Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Datair Record-keeping System
- Working knowledge of FT Williams
- Plan Design knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Financial discipline
- Industry certification(s)
- Employee Communications
- Sales and Marketing
- Product development expertise
- Active in professional organizations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment. The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work is required from February 1 through April 15 ("busy season") and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Benefit Plans Plus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top