Manager, Transaction Advisory Services (TALS)
Brown Smith Wallace is a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region's most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 300. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services.
We serve a wide variety of industries with particular expertise in broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, construction, financial institutions, health care, insurance companies, manufacturing, not-for-profit organizations, public sector, real estate, retail and startups.
Transaction Advisory and Litigation Support ("TALS") consultants provide savvy insight into complex transactions, financial issues, and forensic accounting engagements. They assist business owners with financial due diligence on mergers and acquisitions, and provide turnaround services for troubled companies. Additionally, they assist companies by developing valuations for buyers and sellers.
- Work closely with client executives, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity investors or other stakeholders to provide day-to-day analytical due diligence support on transactions
- Interact with clients and participate in business development networking to generate new business.
- Write and/or review complex detailed reports correlating due diligence and financial analysis findings.
- Identify issues affecting purchase price, deal structure or deal termination. Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
- Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements.
- Manage transaction advisory services to assist clients with M&A activities.
- Research industry standards and trends, target companies or other information affecting the acquisition.
- Prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information. Develop complex financial modeling to support purchase price for Board or Bank approval or financing needs.
- Delegate work to staff according to their experience and capabilities and train/coach as appropriate.
Additional Duties included but not limited to :
- Maintain a current awareness and understanding of, and full comply with the Firm's code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
- Review subordinates' work and provide performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Audit or Finance; Master's Degree a plus
- Minimum of 7+ years' consulting experience in an advisory services or transaction services practice
- Merger & Acquisition Transaction experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Familiarity with intermediate-level accounting issues (reporting systems, managerial accounting, tax returns)
- Critical and logical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Able to work with changing client-imposed deadlines
- Able to work on multiple engagements concurrently
- Excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in US GAAP
- Proven business development skills
- Strong leadership skills
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top