IT Audit Manager
IT Audit professionals perform high quality work for clients, exceed client expectations, and are responsible for their work. IT Auditors on our team will consider how the IT environment affects the client's operations and develop holistic, workable recommendations. IT auditors should be excited about learning new applications and being trained in various specializations by experts. We look for and select IT Audit Managers that are analytical, experienced, and competent, to ensure that the quality of the service performed 'delights' our customers.
- Adept at assessing information technology and identifying risks which warrant audit attention.
- Apply information systems control concepts in a wide variety of settings and be able to independently assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Be adept at evaluating information system audit results from management's perspective, even when defined criteria or standards do not exist.
- Effectively perform job functions based on supervisor direction, experience, judgment, and pre-established guidelines.
- Provide appropriate levels of supervision and quality assurance review to assess that work performed by others is competently performed and meets established standards.
- Be able and willing to complete work in a confident, confidential, responsible, and accountable manner within deadlines.
- Be able to effectively evaluate overall audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence. This applies to both individual technology processes as well as the technology application as a whole.
- Effectively communicate audit results, both verbally and in writing that are persuasive, contextually sound, and understood by the recipient.
- Interact effectively with clients, stakeholders, and team members in a wide variety of settings.
- Perform a variety of complex tasks and be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Exhibit creativity and innovation when recommending improvements to departmental audit practices and processes. Encourage and foster a positive workplace.
- Manage and coach staff as they perform assessments to evaluate controls and execute audit procedures.
- Assist with proposals and business development calls
- Be professionalism at all times and display a willingness to learn new concepts and ideas.
- Be interested in and willing to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally.
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
All of our IT Risk & Assurance services, whether assurance or advisory in nature, are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, help to improve IT and business performance. In addition to assurance-related engagements such as financial attestation and Service Organizational Control engagements, our IT Advisory services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7-10 years of direct experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Information Technology Audit, Technology Risk, Technology operations and/or support
- Minimum 3 years of direct management experience
- Experience with various infrastructure platforms, technology architectures and application configurations
- Experience in the financial services environment
- Exposure to regulatory programs such as SOX, GLBA, PCI, etc
- Bachelor's degree preferred or minimum of 10 years of related technical, audit, risk and direct management experience
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA),
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP),
- Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC),
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top