IT Audit Consultant
- St. Louis, MO
Brown Smith Wallace is a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region's most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 300. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services. We serve a wide variety of industries with particular expertise in broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, construction, financial institutions, health care, insurance companies, manufacturing and distribution, not-for-profit organizations, public sector, real estate, retail and startups.
Consultants and Senior Consultants are responsible for auditing information systems, applications, platforms, IT infrastructure and operating procedures in accordance with established professional standards. They work with Managers/Supervisors and clients to develop project plans, engagement scope and objectives, define deliverables, and allocate work to subordinates. They are responsible for determining and recommending improvements in current risk management controls and implementation of changes and remediation activities. Additionally, they are responsible for training Associates and Consultants, planning engagements, and reviewing Associates and Consultants' work.
- Plan, perform and supervise IT audit and consulting procedures, investigate and perform research in order to understand and evaluate risks
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of IT control processes in a variety of environments and assess exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Strong knowledge of information systems control concepts, practices and procedures s in a variety of business and technology settings.
- Interact with client management to gather and analyze information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for IT and process improvements.
- Discuss and validate issues identified during the project with team and client management, and develop appropriate proactive recommendations.
- Draft reports and coordinate with clients through final report issuance.
- Manage project to ensure all procedures are completed, work papers are reviewed, and review notes have been cleared.
- Develop project status reports and budget to actual analysis to prepare information for client billing.
- Apply strong knowledge and understanding of business operations, internal controls, and information systems.
- Follow engagement methodologies to include:
- Following the Quality Assurance system
- Completing projects as assigned
- Maintaining a certain level of utilization
- Delegate, mentor, and train Associates and other Consultants to achieve project and personnel development objectives.
- May be given responsibilities for managing and nurturing client relationships.
- May be given responsibilities for leading Practice and Firm-wide initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Consultant: 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Senior Consultant: 4 - 6 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree with Accounting, IT or business emphasis
- Have or are pursuing professional designations: CIA, CISA, CPA
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites to perform onsite review/audits, meet with clients and/or the delivery of work product. Additionally, occasional overtime is required throughout the year and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Further policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top