International Tax Manager
International tax manager
The International Tax Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of International Tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative international tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex international tax returns; researching international tax issues and opportunities; managing, supervising, and reviewing the preparation of all forms and disclosures in connection with the international compliance practice; and developing a team with expertise in international taxation. The position involves the development of marketing, training, and mentoring skills and representation of the firm in the community. The successful candidate will also be interested in becoming a Partner of the firm.
- Facilitate the implementation of International Tax projects including identifying, understanding, communicating and managing projects from beginning to completion.
- Provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage the delivery of a full range of international tax services and companies on the tax implications of their international operations.
- Coordinate U.S. tax laws with foreign tax laws to develop an optimal global strategy.
- Consult with clients on tax-efficient structuring of international transactions; effective use of tax treaties and foreign investments; and planning related to offshore investments activities and repatriation programs to minimize income taxes and global tax burdens on business transactions and operations.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex international tax returns.
- Develop and present tax planning strategies for multinational corporations to client executives in various industries.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff accountants on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback; act as Performance Manager to Tax professionals and Advisor to other practice personnel.
- Be available to other departments for consultation as needed.
- Involved in the networking and business development within your tax area of expertise and specialization; effectively developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Contributor to the Firm's marketing outreach and writing tax articles for client newsletter.
- Comfortable in client meetings, prospect meetings and involved in the development of proposals, budgets, and follow through related to same.
- Involved in billing and client relationships, new and continuing clients, client transitions from retiring partners, and overall client service.
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- Manager level tax professionals are expected to have an extensive knowledge of requisite software and internal work flow/procedures.
- Tax professionals should be experienced with IRS Circular 230 Regulations Governing the Practice of Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Actuaries and Enrolled Agents Before the IRS and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct. It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm's code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree Accountancy
- CPA certification required
- 5-12+ years of experience in federal and corporate tax compliance work in public accounting.
- Solid international tax skills including experience with inbound and outbound foreign investment such as IC-DISC's, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit calculations, subpart F issues and calculations, and all international reporting and compliance matters.
- Strong federal tax background including: consolidated C corporation, partnership, S corporation, FAS 109, FIN 48, and a basic understanding of mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance and consulting.
- Experience in a multitude of industries providing tax planning, consulting, research, and compliance review for individual, corporate, and partnership clients and with large multi-national clients.
- Flexible enough to handle complex assignments as well as routine tax work, both of which require hands on advanced tax experience.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff on engagements.
- Experience managing client relationships/engagements in manufacturing, distribution or service businesses.
- Experience with all types of business entities (C-corporations, S-corporations, partnerships) and related structuring and planning for business owners.
- Solid understanding of ASC 740, mergers & acquisitions, and multi-state and international issues.
- Ability to manage work/projects effectively and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with tax preparation and research software applications.
- Superior problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office programs, tax-preparation & write-up programs, and online tax research.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top