IMPACT - Summer Leadership Experience 2019
IMPACT is our summer leadership experience for students interested in a career in public accounting, consisting of two experience-driven day sessions in St. Louis, MO. IMPACT is unlike any other leadership program due to its exclusive size of 30 participants, real-world program content and invaluable team-building and innovation-themed sessions.
IMPACT will educate students on the public accounting experience and the impact that leadership has on a firm's culture, clients and community. The sessions will incorporate technical skills, soft skills, and professional etiquette, arming participants with an arsenal of noteworthy experiences.
Note: This is not a job shadow or internship .
- Apply through Brown Smith Wallace's website for IMPACT
- Submit an essay with no more than 500 words regarding one of the topics listed below
- The IMPACT Team will determine candidates to move to the On-Campus/Skype Interview section
- One day of On-Campus/Skype Interviews will be conducted, specific dates TBD
- Decisions will be e-mailed to all students
- Declared or anticipating to declare Accounting as Major
- Completed their Junior Year of college by May 2019
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Applications Due: March 1, 2019
- Application Reading Period: March 4-8, 2019
- Interviewees Notified for Scheduling: March 11-15, 2019
- On Campus/Skype Interviews: March 18-April 12, 2019
- 2019 IMPACT Students Announced: April 15, 2019
Without leaders, the world would walk in circles. It takes leadership to inspire and motivate change and entrepreneurship. At Brown Smith Wallace, we pride ourselves on the growth and innovation that our leaders have demonstrated since 1972.
Please choose one of the following topics:
- Describe a time when you acted as a Leader and how that experience contributed to your growth.
- Choose one person that has made a professional impact on your life.
- What values do you consistently try to live your life by?
- How would you support and impact the growth and success of your clients?
- What does "The Firm for Growth" mean to you?
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top