IMPACT Experience 2018
Brown Smith Wallace's IMPACT experience is a summer leadership program for students interested in a career in public accounting, consisting of two experience-driven day sessions in St. Louis, MO. IMPACT is unlike any other leadership program due to its exclusive size of 30 participants, real-world program content and invaluable teambuilding and innovation themed sessions.
Brown Smith Wallace's IMPACT program will educate students on the public accounting experience and the impact leadership has on a firm's culture, clients and community. The sessions will incorporate technical skills, soft skills, and professional etiquette, arming IMPACT students with an arsenal of noteworthy experiences. This is not a job shadow. Students will have hands on experiences.
- Apply through Brown Smith Wallace's website for IMPACT
- Submit an essay with no more than 500 words regarding one of the topics listed below.
- The IMPACT Team will determine candidates to move to the On Campus Interview section
- One day of On Campus Interviews will be conducted, specific dates TBD
- Decisions will be e-mailed to all students
- Declared or anticipating to declare Accounting as Major
- Completed their Junior Year of college by May 2018
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- APPLICATIONS DUE Friday, March 2, 2018
- Application Reading Period:- March 5-9, 2018
- Interviewees notified for scheduling: March 12-16, 2018
- On Campus Interviews: March 19-April 13, 2018
- 2018 IMPACT Students Announced: April 20, 2018
Without leaders, the world would walk in circles. It takes leadership to inspire and motivate change and entrepreneurship. At Brown Smith Wallace, we pride ourselves on the growth and innovation that our leaders have demonstrated since 1972.
Please choose one of the following topics:
- Describe one event that showcases your leadership ability and how it would apply to the business world.
- Choose one person who has been a defining leader in your life. How has this person enhanced your leadership skills?
- What 5 top attributes do you believe accounting professionals need to possess in order to be successful?
- How have you created an impact in your community?
- How would you create an impact on your clients or in the accounting world?
- Other topic approved by Human Resources
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk—with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top