Consulting Manager, Business Performance Consulting
- St. Louis, MO
As a Consulting Manager, you will help our clients by defining and solving their biggest business challenges. You will provide the analytic and problem-solving skills to advance your clients business goals. For each client your work will include conducting research, performing rigorous analysis, defining the case for change and creatively solving business problems.
The Consulting Manager must have the ability, and appetite, to work in diverse industry segments, on a wide range of topics. This role will provide the consultant the opportunity to work on client issues from initial engagement scope, through execution to final delivery.
The Consulting Manager is an all-around business athlete that can play multiple roles on a consulting team. The Consulting Manager plays a pivotal role in working on the professionalism of the deliverables, analyses, project plan, etc. They help develop the overall project plan and deliverables by working closely with the client and internal leaders. To an extent, the Consulting Manager will function as both project resource and business development support
Define Implementation Approach
- Hands-on client advisor - oversees the overall client delivery program, drive adoption and ensure our clients realize value from our solutions
- Act as the main point of contact throughout the delivery program; ability to manage complex client situations and lead resolution towards mutual success and partnership
- Works together with the team and our clients to understand client's processes, business requirements, and data structure / challenges
- Constructs and manages the delivery plan with customer counterpart, including setting and managing customer expectations based on the current state of product offerings and services
- Identifies required changes in client's business processes and supports process change management
- Focus on positive outcomes for client stakeholders thought proactive communication, orchestrate the right internal resources, and effectively manage the delivery program
- Predominantly client-facing with expectation of being onsite (up to 50% travel)
Project Delivery and Support
- Build deeper client relationships to support positive future commercial outcomes
- Support business development efforts through strong awareness of client needs & expertise in the solution
- Works closely with the Project Team and key stakeholders on proposal support and associated business development activities
- Collaborates with vendors and other available resources to diagnose and resolve system technical and/or non-technical problems, bugs, performance, and other issues
- Documents, tracks, and monitors project timelines, problems, quality and issues to ensure timely resolution
- Understand and look for client needs and expectations
- Assist and contribute to the development of proposals to clients
- Help clients and prospects understand how our approach can bring value to their organizations
- Provide presentations to associations with prospective clients
- Additional Duties included, but not limited to:
- May be given other practice management responsibilities
- Participate in internal initiatives and events to contribute to the Firm's success
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree from an accredited college/university in Accountancy, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related service line field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of legislation, regulatory requirements, latest technologies and industry events
- Familiarity with intermediate-level accounting issues (reporting systems, managerial accounting, tax returns), economics, finance, and statistics
- Strong background in software used in the service line, including data analysis software and Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong knowledge of business processes and internal controls
- Preparation of underlying materials, leading/participation in workshop
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Drive; enjoys a challenge, proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results, determination and optimism
- Proactive approach to solving assigned tasks
- Broad cross-functional business acumen (strategy, supply chain, finance, marketing, operations, information technology)
- Strong client services mindset
- Experience in the domain of consulting/advisory is a requirement
- Logical and systematic approach to solving analytical tasks
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites to perform onsite review/audits, meet with clients and/or the delivery of work product. Additionally, occasional overtime is required throughout the year and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Further policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top