Consultant, Advisory - ERP Consultant
- St. Louis, MO
ERP Consultant is responsible for assisting with executing successful ERP software selection consulting engagements. This includes participating in business process interviews and developing functional requirements, preparing requests for information, selecting and evaluating software vendors in partnership with client teams and facilitating finalist evaluations. Additional responsibilities may involve developing business cases, project management, leading change management workshops, business process improvement analysis, and implementation monitoring.
Qualified candidates will have prior knowledge or experience with Tier 2 ERP software implementation and/or operation, IT strategy, project management experience, vendor negotiation or experience in business process improvement and/or change management.
• Lead the day-to-day activities of ERP advisory projects for clients
• Analyze business process requirements
• Document all aspects of engagements including business process requirements and write the request for proposal incorporating the critical functional requirements
• Manage the vendor evaluation process
• Communicate effectively with team members and clients
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• 3-5 years of experience with ERP applications; preferably mid-market solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics, Infor or Epicor or similar software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Business process mapping and analysis
• Ability to manage multiple projects while being part of the consulting and clients' team
• Willing to travel to clients domestically (10%)
• Distribution or manufacturing operation experience
• Consulting experience with a software company or consulting firm
• Certification in related field
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites to perform onsite review/audits, meet with clients and/or the delivery of work product. Additionally, occasional overtime is required throughout the year and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Further policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top