Auditor, St. Charles
Auditor, St. Charles
Brown Smith Wallace, a forward-thinking, growing and progressive CPA and consulting firm seeks an Auditor to join our Family in the St. Charles office!
- Records transactions in general ledgers, prepares trial balances and simple financial statements using accounting software applications and packages.
- Reconciles accounts to control accounts.
- Prepares schedules to support audit or other attest procedures for various balance sheet and income statement accounts , including, but not limited to, cash, accounts receivable, debt and accruals. Analyzes fixed asset activity and calculates depreciation expense.
- Performs audit/review or compilation procedures as assigned by supervisors, directed by the audit risk assessment or applicable accounting standards .
- Assists in preparing and proofing financial statements and other documents.
- Performs other accounting and auditing duties as needed on engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Uses technology to continually learn, shares knowledge with team members, and enhances service delivery.
- Maintains an educational program to continually develop skills.
- Performs special projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Staff: 0 - 2 years of recent audit experience in public accounting
- Senior: 3 - 5 years of recent audit experience in public accounting
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Able to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities
- Strong knowledge and experience of audits in any of the following areas a plus: Broker Dealers, Distribution, Service, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Construction, Not-for-Profit or Benefit Plan Audits industries.
- Able to travel
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top