Brown Smith Wallace, a forward-thinking, growing and progressive CPA and consulting firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO, seeking experienced Audit Manager join our Family in the St. Louis office.
In 2016, for the eighth time, we were recognized as a Best Accounting Firm to Work For by Accounting Today , the premier news vehicle for the profession. Brown Smith Wallace was named to the 2017 Vault Accounting 50, a ranking of the 50 best accounting employers to work for in North America. For the third consecutive year, our firm was the top ranked firm in St. Louis, coming in at 16th overall.
The Audit Manager is responsible for managing all phases of client engagements or projects under the direction of and in consultation with Principals and Members to ensure that quality client service is provided in a timely, responsive, and efficient manner. Perform advanced level services for clients and for all areas within the firm. Supervise, review, train, and evaluate all employees at staff, senior and supervisor levels. Research complex technical questions. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in personal and professional relationships, enhancing the firm's image.
- Serving as reviewer on audit and other attest engagements.
- Identify technical issues independently and timely and communicate necessary assurance issues to the engagement principal/member.
- Preparing financial statements, notes, schedules, and management letters as needed.
- Reporting test conclusions that impact the audit plan.
- Manage all t phases of an engagement, including planning, risk assessment, audit/review procedures, research, substantive and internal controls testing and report preparation
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate internal control deficiencies and document management letter comments, as well as other post-audit communications
- Provide supervision to assurance staff and interns
- Establish workload priorities and coordinate the completion of all tasks on an engagement in order to meet client expectations and deadlines
- Conducting final review of the work papers prior to member sign-off, to ensure that the accountants properly carried out the procedures assigned to them, that the programs and conclusions are properly completed and that the documentation of the audit or review work conforms to Firm standards.
- Supporting the Member through maintaining a good working relationship with client personnel and other team members and demonstrating an awareness of the client's business.
- Possess an understanding of income tax laws and accruals
- Manage budgeting, actual job performance and billing process relative to assigned engagements.
- Performs special projects as required.
Additional Duties included but not limited to:
- Take ownership of concurrent assignments and see them through to successful completion.
- Conducting timely short form evaluations for the in-charge/Supervisor assigned to work with you on engagement.
- Function as a developer and Performance Manager for staff.
- Participate in other practice development activites
- Participate in decisions relative to overall processes and operation of the audit group
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
education AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7 - 10 years of recent audit experience in public accounting
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university
- CPA Required
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Able to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities
- Strong knowledge and experience of audits in any of the following areas a plus: Broker Dealers, Distribution, Service, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Construction, Not-for-Profit or Benefit Plan Audits industries.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff on engagements
- Experience with all types of business entities (C-corporations, S-corporations, partnerships) and related structuring and planning for business owners.
- Ability to organize work effectively and meet deadlines
- Proficient with research software applications
- Superior problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and ProSystem fx Engagement
- Able to travel
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Meet Some of Brown Smith Wallace's Employees
Jessi works to serve clients in accomplishing vital business tasks—whether that’s testing, documentation, tax compliance, or identifying areas of risk— with exceptional professionalism, excellence, and integrity.
Back to top