Accounting Senior/Supervisor, Entrepreneurial Services Group
- St. Louis, MO
The position of Senior or Supervisor, Accounting Services will help our clients maintain their financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments prepare federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses. Additionally, they will help prepare and complete tax filings and maintain financial reports and general ledgers.
- Assist in the month end closing process including journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial system
- Handle accounts payable reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, coding, entering invoices into system, processing checks, maintaining positive pay, obtaining signatures, distributing checks, filing records, and answering client inquiries
- Monitoring bank accounts for electronic transactions and adequate balances to meet cash requirements and post bank transaction in GL system
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconcile accounts
- Process payroll and manage payroll systems including all payments and related reports
- Verify pay calculations, benefits, deductions, and calculation of termination benefits including final pay
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual payroll filings
- Responsible for accuracy and appropriateness of payments, authorizations, and proper budget charge
- Maintain the client database and preparation of informational forms 1099 and 1096
- Manage accounts receivable system including recording of cash receipts. Prepare and supervise timely bank deposits, prepare journal entries
- Maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm's code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- 4+ years working in accounting and Accounts Payable
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Strong computer skills required, and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger software packages
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, and spelling and proof-reading skills
- Ability to follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/vendors/customers
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently while working independently
- Must demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop and maintain strong client relationships
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work is required from February 1 through April 15 and August 15 through October 15 ("spring busy season" and "fall busy season", respectively) and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Back to top