Vote Audit Analyst (JR1014711)
- Markham, Canada
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and a part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. Broadridge provides an important infrastructure that powers the financial services industry and employs over 11,000 associates in 18 countries. For more information about Broadridge, please visit www.broadridge.com.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Conduct audit and reconciliation testing of proxy voting processes. Ensure that proxy jobs are set up correctly prior to distribution (physical and electronic). Analyze and interpret proxy materials and voting results.
• Identify reportable issues and potential risk and communicate findings to management.
• Continuous interaction and output in a team environment.
• Identify and report potential problems to the supervisor to minimize the risk of financial and reputational loss
• Maintain professional working relationships with internal business partners.
• Work closely with supervisor providing regular status updates and feedback regarding the effectiveness of
• Completion of special projects as requested.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Community College Diploma in Business Administration is an asset. 3 years experience in a similar position or equivalent is preferred.
Tools: Windows environment. Intermediate proficiency in Word and Excel. All necessary advanced technological tools are provided. Exposure to database systems is an asset. Proxy Plus and MUSIC – Broadridge systems.
Yrs. of Experience: 1-2 years hands on experience in Operation Auditing, Accounting, or Quality Assurance is preferred. Exposure to brokerage, proxy, or financial business operations is preferred. Knowledge of proxy rules, regulations, and processing is helpful but not essential. Fluent in French (speaking, reading, and writing) is preferred, but not required.
Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal skills. Able to work in a cross-functional environment. Able to communicate effectively with fellow associates, other departments, management, and outside vendors, as required.
Back to top