Vote Audit Analyst
JOB TITLE: Audit Analyst (4 to 5-Month Contracts) x 4 Positions
Start Dates: 1 x January 03, 2017
2 x January 09, 2017
1 x January 30, 2017
End Date: June 16, 2017
DEPARTMENT: Vote Audit and Control
REPORTING TO: Manager, Vote Audit
JOB PURPOSE: The Vote Audit department ensures accuracy of proxy distribution, tabulation and processing, through audits and reconciliations. The department is also responsible for analysis of annual meetings and identifies potential areas of risk.
The Audit Analyst will be responsible for various daily processes pertaining to job coding, ballot/voting instruction form detail validations, and electronic reviews pertaining to email specimens and internet agenda functionality. This position will play an integral part with ensuring the highest levels of accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of the voting process. Key focus on making certain Broadridge will not be subjected to negative press and negative financial impact. In addition, this position will also be responsible for ensuring that proxy jobs are set up properly prior to distribution.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct audit and reconciliation testing of proxy voting processes. Ensure that proxy jobs are set up correctly prior to distribution (physical and electronic). Analyze and interpret proxy materials and voting results.
- Identify reportable issues and potential risk and communicate findings to management.
- Continuous interaction and output in a team environment.
- Voting and Issuer job details are processed accurately and within defined guidelines.
- Identify and report potential problems to the supervisor to minimize the risk of financial and reputational loss to Broadridge.
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal business partners.
- Work closely with supervisor providing regular status updates and feedback regarding the effectiveness of control’s.
- Completion of special projects as requested.
- Overtime is required during the proxy season and whenever required, based on processing volumes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Community College Diploma in Business Administration is an asset. 3 years experience in a similar position or equivalent is preferred.
Tools: Windows environment. Intermediate proficiency for Word and Excel. All necessary advanced technological tools are provided. Exposure to database systems is an asset. Proxy Plus and MUSIC — Broadridge systems.
Yrs. of Experience: 1-2 years hands on experience in Operation Auditing, Accounting, or Quality Assurance is essential. Exposure to brokerage, proxy, or financial business operations is preferred. Knowledge of proxy rules, regulations, and processing is helpful but not essential. Fluent in French (speaking, reading, and writing) is preferred, but not required.
Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal skills. Able to work in a cross-functional environment. Able to communicate effectively with fellow associates, other departments, management, and outside vendors, as required.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a background check, including a criminal record and credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top