Vice President/Senior Director, Corporate Strategy
Broadridge's senior team is strongly motivated to evolve the company from its current core activities to a broader, more growth-oriented platform. The company has significant ability to invest, with $350 million in annual cash flow and the aspiration to invest $500 million in acquisitions over the next three years. To help drive its overall growth agenda, Broadridge recruited Vijay Mayadas, Senior Vice President of Strategy. Vijay brings a blend of strategy consulting (BCG), private equity and technology entrepreneurship experience to Broadridge and is looking to hire a VP of Corporate Strategy that will contribute equal parts strategy expertise and practical experience turning strategy into action.
The VP of Strategy will have responsibility working with the SVP of Strategy and Business Unit (BU) presidents to drive growth at Broadridge. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Design, support and drive on-going strategies that lead to a compelling portfolio of corporate growth opportunities for Broadridge. Collaborate with the Business Units (BU) to translate strategies into targeted actions and programs that result in growth.
- Work with the BUs to formulate and advance on-going, quality strategy and plans lead to opportunities at the BU level. Help translate that portfolio into tangible growth and earnings.
- Identify and drive key critical initiatives at the corporate and BU levels which support growth (e.g., business building, product management, pricing and operations), including, potentially, championing specific acquisition opportunities.
- Drive the execution of strategies that grow revenue through acquisitions and partnerships. Work with internal partners to incubate new ideas for strategic investments.
- Build and maintain broad-based relationships with business unit and corporate senior management and with industry and professional networks to assist in development initiatives.
- Will lead and deliver other key projects as requested.
- Strategy consulting work experience in an intense work environment ideally gained in leadership positions with increasing responsibility within a blue chip consulting firm or financial services firm.
- Experience in the financial services sector in the institutional segments of the business, especially in the outsourced platform/services sector is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced setting; enthusiastic about the potential strategic options facing Broadridge.
- Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries, developing strong organizational relationships, and leading through influence are keys to success.
- Excellent academic background; undergraduate degree coupled with graduate degree in business from a top-ranked university.
- Given the hands-on, growth oriented nature of the role, a passion for technology entrepreneurship, innovation, lean start-up principles, digital content and big data would be a big plus.
- This is an exciting role with strong professional upside. We are an attractive company positioned at a positive inflection point, there is significant opportunity for you to make a difference and Broadridge anticipates the individual being hired will become a strong contributor within its senior leadership, with tangible opportunities for further advancement.
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a leading, global Fintech company providing mission critical technology and operations solutions across 4 market segments: capital markets, wealth management, asset management and corporations.
An investment-grade public company with $2.8 billion in revenues and $380 million in pre-tax earnings, Broadridge is focused on executing an aggressive growth agenda driven by a number of favorable strategic tailwinds and unique competitive advantages. Broadridge's strategy is aligned with 3 market trends: mutualization of capabilities within wholesale financial services, increased need for data and analytics solutions leveraging BR's extensive unique data assets, and the migration to digital communications.
Headquartered in New York, Broadridge's international market presence spans the Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa. Broadridge is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge's investor communications, securities processing, and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities.
With over 50 years of experience, Broadridge's infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Broadridge employs over 7,000 full-time associates in 14 countries. Innovating and growing for over 50 years, FORTUNE® magazine has named Broadridgeto its 2015 list of the World's Most Admired Companies in the financial data services category and for the 8th year we have been honored as one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York.
Broadridge has strong positions in large and attractive markets with lots of room to grow. It holds leading positions in many of its businesses, which participate in the broader $100 billion-plus capital markets technology and services market.
The company has a balanced and diverse revenue base across four primary business lines: 1) Bank/Broker-Dealer Communications, 2) Mutual Funds and Retirement, 3) Corporate Issuers, and 4) Bank/Broker-Dealer Technology and Operations. This gives Broadridge both unusual resiliency, as shown by its performance in the recent economic crisis, as well as an outstanding platform for growth.
Broadridge is growing across all four business lines by leveraging its strong market positions and relationships; its unique network that connects investors, brokers, mutual funds and public companies; and its strong brand/service reputation. Broadridge's clients trust it with unparalleled critical data, giving it a unique position in the U.S. and global capital markets.
The company is growing both organically and through acquisition. Broadridge has invested over $750 million in 14 acquisitions, complementing its key growth priorities.
Broadridge has a strong belief in the service profit chain and a culture of values, including trust, accountability, client focus, respect and engagement. The company has a strong entrepreneurial bent, with a founder/chief executive officer who started the investor communications business in the late 80's and has grown it to over $2 billion.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. "
"Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth"
No Agency Solicitation Please
Back to top