Vice President of Software Engineering (REF3570K)
- Hauppauge, NY
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing! We're currently searching for a Vice President of Software Engineering to provide vision and leadership, design and implementation of information technology initiatives that align with the mission of Broadridge. This is a critical executive level role based out of our Deer Park, NY office.
You'll provide leadership for several application development areas within the Investor Communications IT organization. You will play an important part in shaping and influencing multiple IT teams and will be a key player in designing and executing strategies for large scale system integrations. You will be responsible for optimizing and standardizing development practices and processes to align with the overall IT strategy and direction.
Are you looking to deliver innovative solutions that transform the customer experience for major brands across North America? If you're passionate about technology and are looking to be a part of a growing and dynamic Fin Tech on Long Island, we urge you to read below.
- Collaborate with senior business leaders, as well as functional areas and is responsible for leading a staff of full-time and contract professionals in multiple global locations;
- Understand the needs of the client, manage the client relationship and deliver solutions with strong customer and business value;
- Offer strategic guidance on application solutions, architectures, integration strategies, governance, quality assurance and business support processes;
- Integrate disparate development teams with diverse practices, technology and toolsets in into a cohesive, collaborative, standards based and aligned development organization;
- Deliver a combined business and IT roadmap to support business and IT strategy for the delivery of increased business capabilities, improved IT operational stability and reduced time and cost of delivery;
- Develop the technology plan in support of key business objectives and with consideration of external trends and competitive advances;
- Plan and execute development projects, ensure that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on a bold, but achievable timelines;
- Direct, run and deliver application development projects through the application of comprehensive SLDC processes;
- Act as an agent of change deploying transformational IT capabilities while campaigning and cultivating Agile Application Development methodologies across the organization.
- Balance areas' supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests, Work Requests, Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals;
- Define and deploy transformational IT capabilities while maintaining service levels;
- Execute on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture and consistently ensure quality deliverables;
- Influence and implement change strategies that will improve end to end execution of IT invest projects to reduce cost, improve quality and time to market;
- Effectively partner with the Architecture and other IT leaders to ensure communication and collaboration across a diverse business and IT community. Form relationships that enable shared solutions across the enterprise;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and development methodologies;
- Provide technology vision and leadership and cultivate culture of empowerment and accountability;
- Attract, develop and retain IT staff, primarily in Project Management, Business Analysis and Development disciplines;
- Lead multiple directors and managers;
- Coach, motivate and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required (Master's Degree desirable);
- 20+ years within a programming and application system environment;
- 15+ years of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- 15+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives;
- Exceptional dynamic leadership capability including demonstrated ability to be change agent and influence the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as important assets to the organization;
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner;
- Experience setting technology direction with consistent track record delivering large scale IT solutions within a matrixed environment;
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the applications functional and non-functional requirements;
- Experience with managing the development multi-channel content management and delivery solutions, cloud-based applications, and development of APIs, web services;
- Ability to demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail and follow through;
- Capacity to maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning;
- A validated progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager;
- Detailed knowledge of the brokerage industry
- Deep SDLC and process knowledge (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Heavy exposure to migrating legacy applications onto a new cloud structure. Significant familiarity with AWS Cloud Technology.
- Self-motivated and action-and-results oriented;
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (effective communicator with ability to clearly articulate to groups of all sizes and levels of management); and
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.#LI-ME1
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Back to top