Vice President of Application Development - Advisor Solutions
This is a great time to join Broadridge as we continue to grow and expand our organization. Over the last few years, we have made significant investments in our Broadridge Advisor Solutions (BAS) business. Based on the success of these solutions to date and the market opportunities going forward for the integrated business, we are very well positioned to rapidly grow this critically strategic unit.
We currently have an opening based out of our Marlborough, MA location for a Vice President of Application Development overseeing our Advisor suite of solutions. You'll be providing leadership for several development areas within the Advisor Solutions IT organization and serve as an integral part in shaping and influencing multiple IT teams. In this role, you will build a technology road-map for a large scale system integration and be responsible for optimizing and standardizing development practices and processes to align with the overall IT strategy and direction. This position collaborates with senior business leaders, as well as functional areas and is responsible for leading a staff of full-time and contract professionals in multiple US locations, as well as India.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to drive the future of the Advisor Solutions IT development organization to continue to provide value to our customers and a more personalized user experience.
- You will collaborate and partner with the leadership team of Advisor Solutions to execute on its strategic goals, as well as infrastructure team to deliver service; Understand the needs of the client, handle the client relationship and deliver solutions with strong customer and business value;
- You'll offer strategic guidance on application solutions, architectures, integration strategies, governance, quality assurance and business support processes;
- Integrate disparate development teams with diverse practices, technology and toolsets in into a cohesive, aligned, standards based and aligned development organization;
- You will deliver a combined business and IT roadmap to support business and IT strategy for the delivery of increased business capabilities, improved IT operational stability and reduced time and cost of delivery; Develop the technology plan in support of key business objectives and with consideration of external trends and competitive advances;
- You will plan and execute development projects, ensure that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timelines;
Direct, run and deliver application development projects through the application of comprehensive SLDC processes;
- Balance areas' supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests, Work Requests, Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals;
- You'll define and deploy transformational IT capabilities while maintaining service levels; Execute on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture and consistently ensure quality deliverables;
- Influence and implement change strategies that will improve end to end execution of IT invest projects to reduce cost, improve quality and time to market;
- Effectively partner with the Architecture and other IT leaders to ensure communication and collaboration across a diverse business and IT community. Form relationships that enable shared solutions across the enterprise;
- You will provide technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and application development methodologies; - Evaluate the business and drive the movement from Waterfall into Agile methodologies.
- Provide technology vision and leadership and cultivate culture of empowerment and accountability;
- Attract, develop and retain IT staff, primarily in Project Management, Business Analysis and Development disciplines;
- You'll lead multiple directors and managers. Coach, motivate and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
DICE_TA TM_01 *LI-ME1
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required (Master's Degree desirable);
- 15+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives;
- 20+ years within a programming and application system environment, including development of front end / web based platforms (.Net, ColdFusion, SQLServer);
- 15+ years' of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time domestically in addition to annual trips to India.
- Extraordinary dynamic leadership capability including demonstrated ability to be change agent and influence the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as important assets to the organization;
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner; Experience setting technology direction with consistent track record delivering large scale IT solutions within a matrixed environment;
- Experience with leading the development multi-channel content management and delivery solutions, cloud based applications, and development of APIs, web services;
- Ability to demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail and follow through;
- Capacity to maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning;
- Deep understanding of the Agile software development cycle and development methodology;
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge's investor communications, securities processing and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. With over 50 years of experience, Broadridge's infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America, and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Broadridge employs approximately 6,700 full-time associates in 14 countries.
Broadridge helps financial institutions and corporate issuers in two ways, through technology and operations outsourcing, and across a number of business categories. Because of our deep experience and world-class capabilities, our clients entrust us with mission-critical responsibilities. Across a wide range of needs, Broadridge offers not only services, but solutions for your business.
Investor Communication Solutions
Broadridge's flexibility and proxy management expertise helps our clients meet current and future regulatory requirements with confidence. We facilitate getting the vote quickly and efficiently while maximizing transparency.
Specifically, our Investor Communication Solutions business involves the processing and distribution of proxy materials to investors in equity securities and mutual funds, as well as the facilitation of related vote processing. ProxyEdge®, our electronic proxy delivery and voting solution for institutional investors, helps ensure the participation of the largest stockholders of many companies. We also provide the distribution of regulatory reports and corporate action/reorganization event information, as well as tax reporting solutions that help our clients meet their regulatory compliance needs. In addition, we provide financial information distribution and transaction reporting services to both financial institutions and securities issuers. These services include the processing and distribution of account statements and trade confirmations, traditional and personalized document fulfillment and content management services, marketing communications, and imaging, archival and workflow solutions that enable and enhance our clients' communications with investors. All of these communications are delivered in paper or electronic form. For more information on Broadridge, please visit us at www.broadridge.com
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth"
Back to top