Vice President of Application Development
The role of the Vice President of Development is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives that align with the mission of the Company. The Vice President of Development directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of the Company operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and mission development. Job Description
- Focuses on functional, technical and implementation related aspects of the work products being produced.
- Possesses extensive business, technical, and procedural knowledge in order to oversee the workflow, budget, staff, output and overall standards and procedures of a substantial application development group.
- Directs, manages and delivers application development projects through the application of comprehensive software development life cycle processes.
- Balances areas’ supply and demand by monitoring System Enhancement Requests (SERs), Work Requests, Problem Reports, resource allocations and ongoing progress towards stated goals.
- Manages the client relationship, including expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timeline.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance on software development tools, technology and Agile development methodologies.
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- Executes on continuous improvement of the existing software applications and architecture. Ensure quality deliverables without fail.
- Technical leadership to resolve development and application issues performance levels and career development.
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the applications functional and non-functional requirements
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- B.S. in Computer Science / related field required (Master’s Degree desirable).
- 20+ years within a programming and application system environment (.NET, C#, Oracle, DB2, SQL, Greenplum, Informatica)
- 15+ years’ of relevant IT experience within financial / investment institutions and leadership experience in a software development organization required
- Experience with managing the development of cloud-based applications and development of APIs, web services
- Detailed knowledge of technologies.
- Dynamic leadership and agent of change capable of influencing the direction of the organization while maintaining a culture where associates are recognized as important assets to the company.
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, attention to detail, and follow through.
o Maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning.
- A proven progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager
- Strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle and development methodology.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on in software development and technical issues
- Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented
- Exceptional project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Well organized, exceptional communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/present er to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Exceptional leadership capability
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Financial services experience is preferred. *DICE_TA *LI-ME1 *TM_01
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / related field required (Master’s Degree desirable);
- 10+ years’ of relevant IT experience and leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- 5+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a team and setting performance goals and objectives
- 10+ years experience within a programming and application system environment (.NET, JAVA, J2EE/JBoss application server software, Coldfusion, Java, C#, Oracle, DB2 and SQL)
- Experience in handling complex projects that require a deep understanding of distributed systems and technology domain
- Ability to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly
- Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to lead multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable.
- Deep understanding of Waterfall and the Agile software development cycles and development methodologies;
- Self-motivated, talent magnet, great teammate, action-and-results oriented;
- Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills;
- Consistent track record of delivering end-to-end IT solutions within a matrix environment across different geographic locations
- Comprehensive understanding of the applications functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with leading the development of SSO, cloud-based applications and development of APIs and web services
- A love for technology and the ability to share your continued findings with the team.
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is a global Fintech company with a market cap of ~$8B. We are the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and data and analytics solutions provide financial institutions complex, high performance, scalable platforms to help them grow their businesses. Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe and Asia. Please visit our website www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.Click hereto view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top