Vice President, Database Engineering
Broadridge is expanding. We are presently seeking a Vice President, Database Engineering to join our Corporate Information Technology team in our Deer Park, Long Island office.
This role will direct multiple teams responsible for Data modeling and architecture, database operations and recovery, performance tuning and monitoring, Your daily tasks will include the following:
- You will engage with Business, Development, Team Leads and other Technology team
- You will document database and system process requirements
- Assess the risk and business impact of Data Architecture on existing and future implementations
- Protect critical database solutions from security exposures and up-time availability
- Perform analysis and end-to-end execution from roadmap to implementation of database consolidations, migrations, conversions and upgrades
- Make recommendations to ensure we scale the business
- Maintain and administer databases and supporting automation (e.g. database objects, security roles, capacity, performance tuning, import/export, alert rules)
- You will provide technical direction to DBAs, database developers and development Team Leads
- Architect, develop and maintain transactional and multi-dimensional database solutions
- Support compliance (e.g. SOX), and disaster recovery activities
- Resolve database issues (incident and problem management)
- Establish database standards and best practices
- Perform design and code reviews
- Possess strong working knowledge of High Availability, Backup and Recovery options and help to implement solutions
- Oversee an off shore team
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- You will design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect and process very large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), including streaming real-time data.
- Interact with user staff to understand business requirements and to determine data requirements and specifications for a systems project within a general business applications area.
- Work closely across an array of various teams and organizations in the company and industry (including business, development and customers).
- Provide oversight for operational support to the production data base environment including building, scheduling, and monitoring the necessary support jobs and resolving data base related production incidents and problems.
- Assist applications staff in resolving production data base problems and client problems.
- Provides support, as necessary, to the development, QA and UAT test data base environments.
- Create and maintain standards which apply to data base related issues, techniques, and standard maintenance procedures.
- Analyze information requirements of new or modified systems and develops data base specifications for data base construction and maintenance.
- Deploy patches, releases and fixes on a regular basis.
- Establish and enforce controls to ensure data base integrity.
- Familiar with managing workloads for multiple applications running on a single environment.
We seek the following qualifications/experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree with a minimum of 5+ years as a successful technology leader with experience working in the financial field.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with cross-functional projects with project management and director responsibilities.
- Senior management experience desired.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and expertise in data administration, database operations, performance tuning, model development, software coding, and project management.
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge's investor communications, securities processing, and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. Broadridge's infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster."
"Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth"
Back to top