Vice President, Business Marketing (Global Technology & Operations)
The Vice President, Business Marketing leads the marketing team for Broadridge’s Global Technology and Operations (GTO) business.
The leader is responsible for the strategic development and execution of marketing programs for the GTO business and works as a strategic partner with business executives, product management and sales teams to understand market challenges and opportunities and deliver a business marketing strategy to drive sales and business growth. The leader will work closely with the broader marketing team, including Brand & Integrated Marketing, Digital and Corporate Communications to develop integrated campaigns across multiple channels including advertising and digital marketing, social media, PR, direct marketing, events, sales enablement and communication across all client touch points. The leader will deliver content-driven thought leadership marketing campaigns and leverage the company’s demand generation capabilities to generate awareness and build engagement in the capital markets segment.
The leader must have extensive background and experience developing and delivering content-driven thought leadership campaigns to generate awareness and engagement and ultimately new business. The leader has extensive B-to-B marketing experience and knowledge of the financial services and/or technology industry, along with specific expertise in capital markets. As part of a growing and evolving organization, this individual must thrive in a changing environment and have the ability to lead a strong marketing function to help drive the growth of a rapidly expanding business area for Broadridge. The leader will be responsible for identifying marketing investment opportunities, developing and delivering segment and product-based marketing campaigns and securing needed budgets to deliver best-in-class marketing programs that deliver ROI and the value of marketing to the company. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer with dotted line reporting to the President, GTO.
- Work with the GTO leadership team and key stakeholders to develop marketing strategies to meet business goals and deliver against financial plans
- Build knowledge and understanding of the various client segments to address “pain points” and needs with Broadridge’s full suite of solutions
- Build an integrated marketing plan, leveraging thought leadership content to build awareness and drive engagement through the Broadridge demand generation system. Responsible for an annual business marketing plan to include foundational elements, including research and value proposition development, positioning, messaging, as well as integrated marketing and sales campaigns support of new products, new channels & acquired companies
- With the Brand & Integrated Marketing team, evolve business unit positioning and messaging to support strengthening of Broadridge’s overall brand, as well as reach the C-suite
- With the Corporate Communications team, work to execute a results-driven plan to raise the market perception of Broadridge as a thought leader
- With the Digital team, work to optimize all digital channels to create “best-in-class” digital marketing campaigns with a strong ROI
- Lead content development with internal subject matter experts, external partners and resources and Broadridge; maintain and expand impact of three central thought leadership programs targeting the capital markets segments.
- Partner closely with the Sales organization and implement demand generating marketing strategies to deliver leads to Sales and provide sales enablement tools to support their efforts
- Develop the business case and evaluate ROI for all marketing programs and campaigns
- Advance segment marketing and the knowledge of the segments, and marketing strategies to drive awareness and engagement
- Manage 3 person team
- Serve as key member of the CMO’s Leadership team and the GTO team, sharing knowledge and expertise on marketing strategies to drive awareness and engagement with the GTO business and the broader “One Broadridge” enterprise
- Senior Marketing professional with 15+ years of experience
- Extensive experience in business-to-business (B to B) marketing
- Strong understanding of the financial services and/or technology industry, with specific experience in capital markets
- Strong strategy skills and depth of experience developing value propositions, product positioning and content driven marketing to generate strong business results
- Experience and expertise in developing content to drive marketing campaigns and generate strong ROI
- Track record of leveraging market and client insights to develop well-supported recommendations for marketing strategy and programs, including investment and business cases which tie marketing metrics to business outcomes/goals and ROI
- Highly developed critical thinking/analysis skills; ability to evaluate business challenges and develop solutions to deliver profitable business growth
- Combination of skills to be able to think strategically, operate at a senior level and also “roll up their sleeves” to do the work, as needed.
- Adaptable and able to work in a changing environment. Experience restructuring and building organizations and building support with executives and key stakeholders. Demonstrated skills in change management and succeeding in matrixed organizations
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to executives and a variety of audiences
- Ability to give concise, compelling verbal presentations to senior decision-makers, and to respond quickly and thoughtfully to challenges and pushback in a meeting situation
- Ability to handle significant workload with strong project management skills to meet aggressive deadlines
- Focused, a good planner, collaborative, a great team player and flexible with a “low ego” and high level of resilience
- Product management experience preferred; public relations background a plus
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing, and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. With over 50 years of experience, Broadridge’s infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Innovating and growing for over 50 years, FORTUNE® magazine has named Broadridge to its 2015 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies in the financial data services category and for the 8th year we have been honored as one of the Best Companies to Work for New York. Broadridge employs approximately 7,400 full-time associates in 14 countries.
Global Technology and Operations
The GTO Division is a global leader in providing mission critical technology and business operations solutions for global Investment Banks, Broker-dealers, Wealth Managers and Investment Managers. Some of the key highlights that describe the GTO global scale and market leadership are as follows:
- We are a global market solution — clearing and settling trades in over 70 countries.
- We process over $5 trillion dollars in equity and fixed income trades daily.
- We support US equities processing for 6 of the top-10 largest global investment banks.
- In Canada, 4 of the top-6 banks use our solution and we process 60% of the transactions on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- We serve 16 of the 22 US Primary Dealers processing 60% of U.S. fixed income volume.
- In the North American retail/wealth market, we support many significant firms, including 5 of the top-10 US online brokers.
- On the Buy-Side, we offer solutions to 16 Hedge Fund Administrators and 250 hedge funds, including 14 of the largest 100 Hedge Fund Complexes.
We maintained a 98% client revenue retention rate over the last four years
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click hereto view the “EEO is the Law” poster”
“Our Associate Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion, Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
No agency solicitation
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top