Broadridge is growing! We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to joining our team in Newark, NJ. You will provide timely resolutions to test and production support on the product using AS/400 technologies.
- Review and Analyze Technical Design Documents use the review process to train and share the product domain knowledge with less experienced team members.
- Conducts an in-depth analysis of Service Requests raised by internal / external clients to resolve appropriate course of action
- Assists Help Desk in meeting the client needs by providing review of information relating to the product.
- Troubleshoots real-time production issues to ensure a smooth running of the application within the prescribed efficiency time frame
- Document new/changed operational procedures associated with development/maintenance projects
- Recommend solutions and identifies required program corrections that resolve issues that clients have in conducting their day-to-day business.
- Participates in peer review processes to ensure the quality of issues turned over to application development/systems support groups is maintained within prescribed quality control standards.
- Diagnose and remediate (where authorized) all production and test service requests assigned to the group.
- Attend the internal and external project status meetings to represent all application issues and provide current status on all unresolved remedies to management and the clients (upon request)
- Contributes towards enterprise-wide metrics collection and participate in action plans.
- Assist the operations support group and the service bureau personnel in resolving and executing daily operational tasks.
- Executes Critical Operational Tasks and Business Conversions from a Technical Support perspective
- 1+ years of As400/ iSeries Development experience
- Experience with IBM MQ's is a plus
- Should be willing to provide test/production support
- Experience debugging code and solving issues and providing timely resolutions
- Superb communication skills
- Preferred background in fixed income / Finance industry/finance tech industry, knowledge Block chain.