Supervisor, Materials Management
Broadridge is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team!
We are actively seeking a Materials Management Supervisor to lead and coordinate the daily operations of our Materials Management department in our Deer Park facility. In this role, you will implement productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of inventory and transaction flow within time limits. You will collaborate with various departments to ensure the integrity of the daily operation. Your goal will be to ensure that activities in materials/warehouse operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the Company's overall market share.
You will develop policies, procedures and implement new and existing training programs. You will be responsible and accountable for providing guidance and leadership to team members, delegating and distributing work, and promoting an atmosphere that supports and develops high collaboration and strong work ethics. You will accountable for the productivity and quality goal attainment of your associates.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- You will coordinate the flow of material through Receiving and Warehousing. You will make sure material is estimated and loaded appropriately; perform quality inspections of the daily input to ensure accuracy and see that all materials are processed within normal time constraints.
- Maintaining a high level of efficiency and ensure the work environment adheres to safety procedures (including OSHA standards) and Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- You will establish clearly defined department and individual goals and objectives and communicate precise and accurate information to associates through departmental meetings and performance planning.
- You will monitor the activities of associates as well as the physical environment and warehouse machinery to optimize productivity and efficiency.
- Providing input and/or preparing and conducting written performance appraisals. Documenting and counseling associates on performance/responsibilities. Interviewing potential new associates and making hiring recommendations/decisions.
- Scheduling all resources (capital and labor) to meet production goals, collecting productivity numbers for staff members and report this information to management.
- Performing daily and weekly material warehouse audits ensuring that material is maintained neatly and undamaged throughout the warehouse. You will plan, coordinate, and/or schedule cycle counts, month-end inventory, etc. and research, report and resolve discrepancies.
- You will verify that estimates of the quantity of material delivered are accurate and that information on the job is entered into the Warehouse Management System; which tracks quantity, job status and physical location of material.
- Coordinating and/or facilitating the training and development of staff through coaching, mentoring, on-the-job, and classroom training.
- You will report directly to the Warehouse Materials Manager and provide daily written and verbal information.
We are seeking the following skill sets:
- You have demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse group environment with various personality types to get the work done. You relate well and show respect and consideration for others.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment while maintaining composure.
- You are able to operate a PC and be literate in using application software such as Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong oral and written communication with the skill to communicate effectively with staff and management at all levels.
- Thorough attention to details and excellent follow up skills.
- You are a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative.
You will have the following qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in a fulfillment operation, or similar experience within a related environment such as material handling/inventory management.
- Experience supervising staff in a lead or supervisor position preferred.
- Flexible schedule and overtime as required during peak periods.
- Bi-lingual Spanish communication skills are a plus.
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top