Broadridge is growing! We are currently hiring Sr. Software Data Engineer. You will work with AWS cloud-native services to build and deliver a mostly-serverless multi-tenet Data Lake with ETL processing pipelines. This Data Lake will serve as a way for clients to get large amounts of data in and out of our Asset Management products/services, and is a foundational component being used both to run “big data” volumes from clients, as well as part of our next-generation Data Strategy within the Asset Management division.
- Handle client data securely and efficiently, crafting “infinitely” scalable solutions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, delivering results to clients, while staying ahead of on the latest data management technologies, being part of an innovative team that is customer focused and holds itself to the highest standards.
- Understanding why NoSQL databases have given data engineers more options to model data, and how to choose the right storage solution based on the problem (and when a relational database is still the right answer).
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
- 8+ years of overall software development experience and familiar with Apache Parquet, and are comfortable writing code in Java, Python, or with Node.js.
- Hands on experience with Amazon Redshift, Glue, Lambda, Batch, Step Functions, DynamoDB and S3 are highly preferred
- Apache Parquet experience
- Strong experience in database schema design (including schema migrations over time) and data modeling for analytics purposes
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (both written and verbal), sense of humor, and outstanding character
- Passion for always learning and applying new technologies to solve clients’ objectives