Sr. Print & View Solutions Developer
Broadridge is growing! We are actively seeking a Sr. Print & View Solutions Developer to join our team in Kansas City. This role is in our Customer Communications Division, which offers a full range of multi-channel communications solutions, such as integrated print, mail and digital solutions for transactional, marketing and compliance communications.
In this role, you will participate in a dynamic team responsible for new product development projects and for all conversion projects which bring new print and viewing business to the company. You will apply a variety of methodologies and document technologies, (e.g., languages, complex multi-system printing applications) to design, produce, and distribute electronic and variable data documents. You will coordinate installation of projects including setup, design and testing, monitor performance and also troubleshoot new and existing applications for the print and view solutions function of work.
You will work with various internal and external resources across multiple departments to ensure applications process correctly, run efficiently, and the hardware and software are configured correctly and optimized for efficiency. You may code and/or modify existing code using vendor tools or compliers to meet client requirements. You will be working under the general supervision of the department manager, mentor less experienced staff and may perform internal-user training.
The following responsibilities will apply to this role:
Application Development and Support:
- Plan, design, build, document, test, and implement designs for new and existing applications that are accessed through various viewing solutions.
- Develop software and automate processes from data receipt to delivery.
- Review and analyze functional requirements and assist with the development of technical specifications.
- Serve as the point of contact for internal project managers during new application development, functional requirements and specifications.
- Communicate with clients at a working level to gather requirements to define customer communication/connectivity needs and to research criteria for document design.
- Work with limited direction on projects of all sizes and scopes but are typically assigned moderately sized projects with moderate levels of complexity.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair computer hardware related to production equipment. Move, relocate, and perform setup of production equipment.
Quality assurance testing:
- Analyze issues that are discovered in order to determine the likely cause of the issue.
- Provide estimates for the level-of-effort and timeframes.
- Test fixes to reported software problems.
- Maintain standard test environments.
- Capture specific data elements for analysis.
- Analyze AFP and Metacode (Xerox) input data by record for legal structure.
- Use appropriate analysis tools for internal and external print resources conformity.
- Update and/or maintain existing products, applications systems and support documentation.
- Perform volume and stress testing to verify acceptable performance.
We are seeking the following skill sets and experience for this role:
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and adeptness with communicating effectively with staff and management at multiple levels.
- Solid organizational skills including expertise with multi-tasking, handling multiple priorities simultaneously and working under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the talent to effectively consolidate and report critical information to management.
- You demonstrate skill working in a diverse team environment with various personality types to get the work done; you relate well and show respect and consideration for others.
- You are a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and willingness to learn.
- You are able to provide 24 hours on-call support via BRCC cell phone with 30 minute response time.
To be successful, you'll have:
- Knowledge of most aspects of the print and view solutions function of work and the ability to troubleshoot most issues.
- 3 to 5 years' related experience and a technical aptitude.
We'll like you even more if you have:
- Post-secondary education in a computer-related field.
- 3 to 6 years' related experience in AFP, XEROX, formatting and transforming tools, an aptitude or ability to code in various programming languages (C++, Java), a background in hardware and network related tasks, font knowledge, and familiarity with various transfer protocols (Connect: Direct and SFTP).
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $7 billion in market capitalization, provides communications, technology, data and analytics solutions. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client-engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
Broadridge employs approximately 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
"Our Associates Matter.
Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion.
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth."
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
VP Of Business Strategy & Development
Michelle plans and implements go-to-market strategies for all North American clients who collaborate with Broadridge. She also helps revolutionize the way financial communications are delivered.
Back to top