Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Responsible for business partnership on HR initiatives supporting business growth, and for managing associate relations, HR operations, performance management, recruitment and leadership development. Act as a member of the Canadian leadership team. This position works closely with the Canadian and US HR Teams to implement and strengthen human resources initiatives. The Senior Manager, Human Resources is also responsible for the performance and development of other HR professionals and for leading and/or participating in a wide array of projects related to HR process efficiency and business support.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Employee Relations and Organizational Effectiveness
- Serve as a trusted business advisor to business leaders and associates, working to implement strategic best practices and manage initiatives to support business growth
- Assist managers in addressing performance issues; provide guidance on effective coaching and counseling. When necessary, work with managers to outline appropriate counseling and disciplinary steps. Ensure proper actions are taken in cases of involuntary termination
- Serve as a resource to associates and leaders in facilitating the resolution of internal issues and conflicts
- Ensure effective and timely internal communication on HR programs, organization issues, and initiatives
- Ensure consistent and effective application of human resources processes and programs
Talent Management and Leadership Development
- Work in partnership with the Corporate HR team to support the Performance Management Process (PMP)
- Work with leaders to champion the performance management process including: reinforcing the objectives and expected outcomes of the process and supporting training and development needs
- Act as a resource for leaders to ensure that mid-year review and year-end review meetings are conducted in a timely and effective manner
- Partner with the Leadership team regarding career development initiatives, including: identification and development of high potentials, assessment of annual training needs, identification of appropriate training resources, such as Broadridge University and iGrow, and collaborating with the Learning and Development team to roll out the most appropriate training programs
Compensation and Benefits
- Oversee corporate HR Information Systems and ensure completeness and integrity of the corporate HR and payroll systems
- Responsible for managing payroll and benefits
- Partner with clients and HR colleagues to manage the annual salary and bonus administration processes through Compensation Workbench
- Complete compensation analysis for new and existing positions, as necessary, by leveraging the Hays Job Evaluation process, reviewing market data and working with Corporate Compensation
- Partner with leaders on requests for salary adjustments and promotions
- Lead or participate in projects and initiatives related to effective client/associate support, HR processes and overall process efficiency
- HR Operational support for Canadian offices
- HR Records management
- Talent acquisition and on boarding
- Responding to questions about global and local HR policies and programs
- Management of all Canadian specific employment-related governance issues
- Responsible for conducting training and presentation for new programs
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Skill Level Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. CHRP designation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Windows environment. ADP’s Pay-At-Work (Payroll System)
- 7-10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in Human Resources, preferably in a generalist position, with at least 3+ years of management experience.
- Knowledge and/or training of HR policies and procedures, employment legislation, Recruitment and Staffing practices, multiple HR disciplines, proven knowledge of compensation, performance management, HRIS, research, and training and development.
- Organizational development experience including leadership development strategies.
- A proven track record as a business partner providing an added value HR advisory service to management, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, possess well-developed negotiation/facilitation skills.
- Innovative thinker with proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to change priorities quickly, confront issues directly, organize and prioritize work.
- Works well under pressure, team player who inspires confidence.
- Possesses excellent judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Self-starter — hands on approach. Enthusiasm for change and ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Assertive, flexible and aligns with our strong core vision and values.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top