Sr. Business Analyst
Join a newly formed team tasked with designing the functions for the next generation of technology used by broker/dealers and retail institutions
- Conduct analysis of global business functions and design functional solutions to be developed as part of our next generation of technology used by financial institutions globally
- Identify Business and Application strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement and/or consolidation
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflow.
- Translate business requirements into appropriate Functional specifications.
- Act as liaison and participate in defining solutions to solve complex, multidisciplinary Global business problems with long-term implications.
- You’ll recommend technology solutions to improve business decision-making with a focus on the core systems, technology strategies and standards.
- Facilitate group meetings such as workshops.
- Work with clients, business leaders, and technologists to define and execute test scenarios and ensure appropriate end user training.
- Perform analysis of requests for system development / maintenance and figure out the most effective approach.
- Work with the product management, user group, various technical groups (on and off shore) and vendors in the development of functional and technical specifications.
- Working closely with the development team, develop project and program documentation and specifications including Functional and Technical Requirements documentation and templates.
- Develop project plans, which will be used to track the progress of a project.
- Develop project target landmarks and completion dates and adhere to an agreed upon schedule.
Assist in the design of test plans for new or modified programs to ensure their quality, efficiency, integrity and adherence to specifications.
- Participate in feasibility study, conceptual design and/or system presentation as required.
- Collaborate with clients as needed and coordinate major development projects effectively define and control project tasks, personnel assignments and target dates for each task.
- Assist in the preparation for implementation and alignment to standards and procedures for application installs.
- Maintain appropriate project documentation
- Timely communication of project statuses
- ** We can’t provide sponsorship for this position
- 4-7 years working experience as a Technical Business Analyst
- 3-5 Years working in a Brokerage environment
- 2-3 years experience working with MS Project, MS-Visio, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint
Demonstrate experience in the following skills:
- Prior experience working in a Financial Services firm a strong plus
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Facilitation and issue resolution
- Negotiation skills and ability to work in a complex, matrix environment
- Written and verbal communication
- Presentation skills
- Leadership skills of courage and decision making
- Web technology Analysis/development experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience at dealing with clients/users at all levels, singly and in groups.
- Understanding the significance of fiscal constraints
- Excellent understanding of system development life cycle and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, specific to highly technical and customer focused service environment.
Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions for broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds and corporate issuers globally. Broadridge’s investor communications, securities processing and business process outsourcing solutions help clients reduce their capital investments in operations infrastructure, allowing them to increase their focus on core business activities. With over 50 years of experience, Broadridge’s infrastructure underpins proxy voting services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America, and processes more than $5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day. Broadridge employs approximately 6,700 full-time associates in 14 countries.
Global Technology Operations
Broadridge offers a suite of advanced computerized real-time transaction processing services that automate the securities transaction lifecycle, from desktop productivity tools, data aggregation, performance reporting, and portfolio management to order capture and execution, trade confirmation, settlement, and accounting. Our services help financial institutions efficiently and cost-effectively consolidate their books and records, gather and service assets under management, focus on their core businesses, and manage risk. With multi-currency capabilities, our Global Processing Solution supports real-time global trading of equity, option, mutual fund, and fixed income securities in established and emerging markets. In addition, our operations outsourcing solutions allow broker-dealers to outsource certain administrative functions relating to clearing and settlement, from order entry to trade matching and settlement, while maintaining their ability to finance and capitalize their business. Recently, we extended our services to the buy-side through our acquisition of Paladyne Systems. For more information on Broadridge, please visit us at www.broadridge.com
Broadridge is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
“Our Associates Matter, Everyone Benefits from Diversity & Inclusion,
Diverse & Inclusive Teams Drive Growth”
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Broadridge's Employees
As a Project Manager, Pamela interfaces with many departments within Broadridge to ensure that high-quality projects are delivered to clients as quickly as possible.
Back to top